Baking Soda paste to remove hairs

Reitz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I did a search to see if anyone has posted this, and it doesn't look like it, so I'm guessing that either everyone knows about it already, or it doesn't work, but I just thought I'd pass this on anyway.

I was talking with a guy at a local pet shop and he told me about getting nailed by a current full of T. blondi hairs last week. He said a friend of his gave him a recipie for removing them, and it worked. It was as follows:

Mix baking soda with water until it becomes pastey. Not runney, but not dry either. With a good portion of paste in hand, rub it against the grain of the hairs. He said that most hairs will be in at least a similar angle if they come from the T walking on you. A couple swipes over the area and they're out. He said it had something to do with the baking soda opening pores and holding the barbs--something like that. Anyway, I don't keep Ts, so I'll never be able to tell you from experience, but I just thought it might help--esp people with severe allergies.

Chris

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Now we need someone with a T. blondi or T. apophysis to take one for the team and test the remedy.

DarkRAM

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Um, what about Grael's eye?? :} Of course his isnt the paticular type you listed. ;)

Reitz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, this is supposed to work for any kind of T hair, though I don't know about the eye

Sorry man:(

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
id take the dive for the remedy to bad i don't have a blondi:(
mike

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
I'm feeling adventurous tonight... maybe I'll "take one for the team" LOL

I'll let you know how it turns out=D

Reitz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Again, this isn't just supposed to work for T. blondis, it's supposed to cover all new world (those are the flicking ones, right?) sp.

Please don't get hurt for no reason. If this happens not to work you've got to deal with the itch!

Chris

bodisky

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Buspirone
Now we need someone with a T. blondi or T. apophysis to take one for the team and test the remedy.
Done that with T. blondi hairs that landed on my arms. Used baking soda and vinegar though. Coat the area let set for 5 or 10 minutes, rinse repeat. Sometimes, in between treatments I use H. peroxide.
Kerry
RIESM

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I've found that some duct tape applied with the same direction of the offending hairs then rapidly pulled off in the opposing direction works very well for me. This also works great for certain species of cacti as well... Works great :cool:

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
It's starting to sound a little like we should all start using hot wax... then at least we can get rid of our annoying body hair while we're at it=D

D. Stiegler

Arachnopeon
urtacating hairs

Thanks to Buspirone for the reply to my quest about those pesky itching hairs. I will search the files for other remadys and meantime, I'll use the baking soda/water technique and let you know if it works. I got nailed about 5 days ago when I got in a few from a shipper. So far I have all my skin scratched off and still itching like crazy so this should be a worthwhile test. I have no T. blondi but between the other 15 or so various kinds, someone pounded me and good.

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Buspirone
lol! :D yes Sir! general! SIR!

Betty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I almost took one for the team today. :eek:

My parents visited and this was the first time they got to see my T. blondi, so I decided to feed the big girl a thawed fuzzie. I grasped the mouse with my extra-long chopsticks and wiggled it by the spider. She apparently didn't want to be bothered, stridulated at me, and sent a torrent of hair in my direction. It looked like it was snowing! Luckily, the chopsticks were long and she was flicking hairs from inside her log, so the hairs didn't reach me.

Scylla

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How about a facial mask? The kind that goes on like a gel, then dries into a plastic-like film. You then peel it off.

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey how do u know which direction the hairs landed??

mike