Moving Cross Country with My Tarantula...

LadyNai

Arachnopeon
Haven't been on here in forever...

anyway I have a Chilean Rose Hair female and I'm getting ready to move from Southeastern Idaho back to Southern Indiana.

This will be a change in altitude (among other things) and three long days in the car. My parents are actually letting her come with me.

I know that I don't want to leave her in the aquarium during this time - and she will be going to the hotels with me (I have a dog so pet friendly is the name of the game anyway).

How do I pack her? What are some tips to make this transition as easy as possible - when I moved West my entire madagascar hissing roach colony just upped and died for no reason and I REALLY don't want a repeat with my Isabella.

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I traveled between cities this summer, 260 miles each way. My entire T collection and my hisser colony went with me. I simply put their enclosures in the van, padded them to be sure they would not rattle or fall, and off I went. They all did just fine.
I would say put your T in a small critter keeper with sub and a light weight water dish and keep it on the seat next to you.

Dal

Arachnopeon
i just put my T in a petbox and then put the petbox on the floor in front of one of the seats, just drive carefully and theres no problem.

Last edited: