Good Haul.

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, I ventured into the treacherous woods of NJ today, luckily there were a lot of chunks of oak trees that were cut down. I didn't think I would find anything at all considering how cold it is. Anyway, so I caught a cool lil red centipede, no idea on sp. possibly a scolopendrid.:D Also, 2 teeny tiny centipedes. They are kinda just white... hair thin and long so I think they are adults of a tiny species, I will probably just let them go. Also, a baby land snail which I left behind, surprisingly I found roaches, the first ever wild roaches that I have seen.And another first... millipedes! :D I collected 5 of them, 2 are white the other 3 are black, I think the white ones are just babies of the same species though. They are very small and I doubt they get much bigger but they should be pretty cool to keep once they start laying eggs. Even better, holding them got rid of my GFs millipede fear! Wow, this post is already too long, so I guess I'll stop now heh.

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a bunch of oak leaves in the freezer, still "fresh" So I will probably let some dry up and crumble them in or give it to them fresh, but what other things you guys think they will like more? What veggies do you guys use?

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
They like romaine lettue, squash, pumpkin, melons like cantelope, and cucumber is mines very favorite veggy. But truthfully, they really love the oak leaves. to the point of not eating cucumbers. If you can find some of their rotting log, and maybe split open a few acorns, and have plenty of leaves for them, you can get by just giving veggies once a week in appropriate amount for the millis and all should be wonderful for them :cool:

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cool thanks.:) I feel so lame keeping native millipedes, heh. Everyone else has all the cool exotic species. I had thousands of opportunities to get a lot of species over the years but honestly wasn't that interested in them back then. Now I can't find any. :( Anyone else keep natives, and any ideas what species live in NJ?

Woody

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
where in jersey were you looking? i live in jersey. i dont think you will find much else as far as centipedes and millipedes go. i have never found anything with significant size or anything, but those little red centipedes are pretty cool. their bite is suprising too. hurts way more than you would expect it to.