The Scolopendrous Project- Introduction and recruitment

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Introduction:

- The Scolopendrous Project(TSP) is an non-profit organization which focuses on the spread of education and knowledge regarding theraphosids and other invertebrates. The organization seeks to de-mystify and clarify common misconceptions as well as tackling modern day problems in the hobby. We also desire to raise common awareness on particular issues such as the environmental and political dilemmas, which affect invertebrate enthusiasts and other exotic-animal keepers, that constrain the growth of the hobby. We hope to serve as a platform from which ideas concerning these issues can be introduce, discussed, solution strategies formulated and ultimately executed to counter these critical matters.

- The fundamental basis of the The Scolopendrous Project is to provide and maintain a open data-base composed of entirely *free* and scientifically accurate information for all whom which to find it. The project itself is maintained and supported by it’s volunteer members and is not 'owned' by any one person, but it does have a project director. Our website, currently www.scolopendrous.us, is were the majority of the articles and information will be available. The information and material that will be provided by this site is yours to to freely copy, modify, and redistribute.

This organization is being formed and directed by yours truly. ;)

Recruitment:

-I am seeking to recruit a small number passionate and dedicated invertebrate enthusiasts to assist me in maintaining and expanding this project by becoming Scolopendrous members. You are, of course, required to possess a higher than average experience level in your area of specification. You should also expect to work on tedious organization and classification. There is not a whole lot to work on at this moment and I will provide members with the information sources and required software if assistance in that area is required. Anyone interested in joining TSP PM me. The recruitment process will end within the next coming of months while I work with the recent recruits. Thanks.

-JC

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Still searching.

I need one theraphosid expert.

One scorpion expert.

One centipede expert.

Mad scientists preferred. :}

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Nothing's showing for me at the link you posted. :confused: Or there's no webpage online yet?

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Or there's no webpage online yet?
Yup ^that one. I will add a little something later that I am currently working, but will be slow progress for now.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Just want to clarify something on one of my previous posts. When said 'expert' I don't actually mean you need a doctors degree or any sort of official formal training in that specific field. I am simply looking for someone with good amount of experience and confidence to construct a well written, fact-based care-sheet on the particular species or genus.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
as you can see, it is hard to get volunteers for stuff like this.

i have my own stuff i am working on, which you are free to lift from as long as you give some sort of credit for collating sources
http://scabies.myfreeforum.org/index.php

i research various species and then put links to them in threads. you just search for *.pdf to find threads with links

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
as you can see, it is hard to get volunteers for stuff like this.

i have my own stuff i am working on, which you are free to lift from as long as you give some sort of credit for collating sources
http://scabies.myfreeforum.org/index.php

i research various species and then put links to them in threads. you just search for *.pdf to find threads with links
Thanks caco, I will see what I can use. I've got *some* members joined already, nice ones to work with so far, just need a bit more!

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
The project is picking up again. I am looking for more members to join TSP. I am not for anyone with specific skills this time around so do not hesitate to ask for membership.

Also, I am looking for someone that has been a active member of some sort of reptile forum for some time.