How long can scorpions survive in packing?

Red Dog

Arachnopeon
Well, so i ordered my scorpions from vixvy(Awsome guy), and on the day it was delivered, i wasn't there to pick it up, so now i have to wait for the morning to get them.:wall:{D:drool: they've been shipping for 7 days as of tomorrow when i will get them. what do you think are the chances that the scorpions could be:barf: I live in arizona so i know the temps are high but they are in air conditioned buildings. so.. how long do you think Hottentotta caboverdensis's can survive in boxes? Like how many days?

C.Shade

Arachnopeon
The way Vixvy packs I wouldnt be surprised if they were all just fine. but you may have lost a couple..

Dave

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
as C said, if the packings good they can survive a LONG time

i remember having a package to Philippenes take 2 weeks IIRC, large heterometrus and IIRC all survived, they were in large tubs with plenty of room and moisture

good luck!

RyoKenzaki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The longest surviving scorpion in parcel that i have heard of are Orthochirus s.negebensis surviving in a parcel belong to a member of this board call lester for more than a month

Red Dog

Arachnopeon
Just an update:

Holy crap, went to the Post office, they had my package, i did all the signing then i went home. I was very surprised to see that every single scorpion was alive! Praise Vix.:worship: He did Perfect second to none packing. overcounted quite a few. I now have 30 of these guys.=-D

Vixvy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its my intention to over count and give extras. Glad that your happy with what you have received.

Now with this PACKING thing! hehe! well PACKED and proper moisture they can survive for at least a month or so just make sure before you PACK they are well fed and bloated. But then again this is base from my own experience.

Enough talks about PACKING stuff! hehehe!

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just an update:

Holy crap, went to the Post office, they had my package, i did all the signing then i went home. I was very surprised to see that every single scorpion was alive! Praise Vix.:worship: He did Perfect second to none packing. overcounted quite a few. I now have 30 of these guys.=-D
Nice, 30 parthenogenetic scorpions, in 1,5 year you will have more than you can keep and or sell :) LOL...

Dessicaria

Arachnopeon
Holy crap, went to the Post office, they had my package, i did all the signing then i went home. I was very surprised to see that every single scorpion was alive!
Happy to hear that, nice to read good news on occasion. :)

I've actually been surprised how well lots of small animals ship. I always think "Don't they need some air holes in the box?", or I worry about the temperatures, but almost always they've been just fine. For the record, I've found that FedEx and UPS are more reliable when it comes to packages that *must* arrive the next day. The post office has more than once misdirected an "overnight" package that I sent or received. The animals were still fine, but it caused everyone unnecessary stress.