Aphonopelma crinirufum pics

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey! I got two good looking Aphonopelma crinirufum today.

They're both juvenile and are about 2".

This is the first one!

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And this is the other one. I don't have much information regarding this species, so any advice would be great!

Thank's

Martin

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Martin,
I found this,

Aphonopelma crinirufum, Costa Rican Bluefront. Care as for A. seemanni, a terrestrial burrowing species with growth to about 4.5".

Hope that helps,

E

Spike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does anyone have a picture of an adult of this sp.?

metzgerzoo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Everyone's getting new babies:( I want mine!!! I have to wait until the second to send out the dough....WAAAAAAA!!! But hey, my hubby and I will have some awesome birthday presents!!!

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
your smithi

I got a B. Smithi for Christmas and have never had a
sling to raise before. It is about 1 to 2 inches and looks
like your baby in the first picture. I'm waiting for it to
molt because the bald area is black. Its not eaten
yet since I brought it home. Before Christmas.
Nice calm little thing
compared to my Chilean Rose. Do you have to
have more moisture in its home then a small water
dish (I have a bottle cap and its in a small critter
keeper). I'm wondering if I should keep it in
something smaller like a vial? I'm just nervous
about babies since I don't have any experiencein this.
Sharon

Aragorn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well Sharon,

From what I've read from the experienced T keepers and Stan, they said they've reduced the number of dead slings by keeping the substrate moist to raise the relative humidity. What I mean by wet is not soaking wet, but rather very damp, not forming puddle. This way it won't dehydrate the sling quickly. The sling have thin exo. compared to adult, so more moisture is lost and they can quickly dehydrate. In addition, what I would do is get a lid of a small fish flakes container ( like the one I use ) and use it as a water dish. This way, when it is thirsty, it can have a good drink. I found that my sling drink from the dish. Just last night, I found it drinking for quite a long time. So, I would suggest you check the water dish often to see if it needs filling. One other thing I like to do is feed the crikets well with tropical fish flakes to make nutritious crickets and water the criks really well. And then, I feed plenty of criks to the sling and if the cricks is well watered, the T will benefit from the moisture and the nutritious criks will make your sling grow big and strong. As you can see with mine. Thanks for taking a look!

"Today, I see the same fear in your eyes that will take the heart of me! But, today, we've forsaken our fear!"

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice lookin T Aftershock, I almost bought one of these with my last order, but decided on the Bonnetina cyaneifemur instead. I will get one of these next order. Great pics as always.

Andy