My new setup

magoozal

Arachnopeon
This is my new set up. It measures 3 feet by 1 foot by 1 foot and houses one small scorpion! hehehe (i had the spare tank lying around so i thought i would use it).

Can you tell me what you think about it? thank you very much.

luke.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
There are some potential problems with large tanks. The biggest one is that you have to keep prey abundance very high to ensure that your scorpion gets fed. You can't just put in one cricket and hope they meet each other -- especially for doorkeeping species. If you put in enough to ensure he gets fed, expect some breeding to eventualy happen and you may have to eventualy either get rid of some pinheads or put in more scorpions to eat them.

Cheers,
Dave

magoozal

Arachnopeon
yeah, ive found that I have to put more in. The soil is not wet, and the crickets have not reached maturity yet so they cant breed! hehehe (i hate pinheads, i had a container full of little crickets, a bit bigger then pinheads and knocked it off my bead and they went everywhere!!!! lol big my lizard got most of them! hehehe)

When the scorp gets bigger I will move it out of the tank and place him in a smaller one, but with deep deep soil! hehehe like a hexagonal tank or something alone thoes lines, I would have done it now but i dident have the cash to buy one.

alex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice setup!
What scorpion lives in there?

Alexander