Eucratoscelus pachypus,

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think these guys are pretty cool.Looks like its got its leg warmers on

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Aragorn....Haitian browns are Phormictopus cancerides.E.Pachypus is commonly called Stoutlegs

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
thats a funny looking little guy bluerich, is it stoutleg baboon?
how much did you pay for it? funny looking or not it is still a good looking T

Josh

darkeye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My Stoutleg is one grouchy SOB... I namd him "Wooly Britches", but I've been calling him "Grumpy Pants" forever! I can't even open the enclosure without him spazzing out and rearing up!!!!!

Yikes! And I had heard that this was one of the better OW's to start with!!!!

here's the little bastard:

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL! Funny little guy. =D
From what I have heard/read, those guys are among the calmer baboons...generally that is. Always an exception of course.

Atrax

L_mactans

Arachnolush
Old Timer
Originally posted by darkeye
My Stoutleg is one grouchy SOB... I namd him "Wooly Britches", but I've been calling him "Grumpy Pants" forever! I can't even open the enclosure without him spazzing out and rearing up!!!!!
I have an adult female E. pachypus (Bertha the Big legged Burrower), and she has never demonstrated an attitude, from what I have observed. Whenever I have to go into her enclosure to clean, or fill water, or feed, she just retreats to any of her nearest burrows and waits for me to be done with it.
I have yet to see her threat posture.:)

Kelly (L_mac)

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Great Shots. We have a 3.5" maybe 4" female. We may breed her unsure though. Hard to find a mature male lol

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hah yeah... Great spider! Mine's aruond an inch, but comes out of the burrow to defend at the slightest of provokations.

Anyone remember WWF about 10 years ago? Remember the wrestler the ultimate warrior? 'Pachypus reminds me of him :}

Very slow growing though arn't they

Pics:

Betty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Neat spider - I love those superfuzzy rear legs! :)

spiff

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my stoutleg finally came out of her burrow last night. shes been holed up in there a long time. its not really a burrow, but it is her old water dish that she laid claim to. so she got a new dish. shes only molted once since i got her a year and a half ago. but she is by far my favorite. the rear legs and the fuzzy abdomen are so adorable.

i have pics of her tank to post, once i get them resized. should warn you all though, my tanks dont always mirror the exact settings T's in the wild live in.

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
here is one of my best pix i ever made...

and one more, with some water on it ;;)

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
0.1 Eucratoscelus pachypus Schmidt & von Wirth, 1990

No name

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
corvus said:
here is one of my best pix i ever made...

and one more, with some water on it ;;)

Hi Corvus,

Thanks for the neat pics. @ the second pic, initially, it looks as if it is snowing in Germany mate!..lol... Cheers!

rtshaw80

Arachnopeon
They are cool little T's, Mine only gets defensive when she's in her burrow. If you stroke her with a paintbrush while at the lip or in the burrow, she comes out itchen to take out the brush.

H.Lividum

Arachnopeon
those are mine...

1.0 Eucratoscelus pachypus

0.1 Eucratoscelus pachypus

PS I've the video of the mate :cool:

AL