Breeding question for P. Irminia

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a male that just matured about 2 weeks ago and I also have a female just not sure if she is mature and ready to be breed. I know she is not full grow but also know that they do not have to be to breed, so the question is how would I know if she is ready to breed? At what size? Thanks, Greg

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My couple in question. Body wise they are about the same size he just has the longer legs. First picture is the male.

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Jguy001
lol those things look tiny or do you just got monster hands?

Josh
They are in no way hugh but they are good size at right around 5". Greg

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cool pics Greg. Sorry, can't help with the question, but your irminias are very nice. I really like the male, nicest male I have seen in pics. I really need to get a new irminia or 2, mine was really calm.

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i see alot of people handleing these arent they deffensive?
id sure like to have a coulpe of em myself, prolly gonna buy a few slings in the future.

Josh

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have heard they are defensive too, seen lots of pics and people with experiences with nice irminias. Mine never gave a threat posture or anything. Was like holding an Avic avic. But as with all Ts they vary between individuals I guess.

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
very true i can hold my P.lugardi pretty easy. shes a really fast mover is only problem.

Josh

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Jguy001
i see alot of people handleing these arent they deffensive?
id sure like to have a coulpe of em myself, prolly gonna buy a few slings in the future.

Josh
I think in general yes they are a little more defensive than Avics. That being said I have six of them and only one of them almost always rears up on me, It is getting a little better though. But even the one that does rear up once out and after it takes a little run (typical arboreal behavior) is fine. The two in the pictures are my two biggest but also my most docile, My others range from about 3-1/2"-4-1/2". Maybe if I find out if these two are breedable I will have lots these little guy to go around. Greg

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
My male looks exactly like yours except that its super mean. The female in the pic looks to small to be mature... but that doesnt mean she isnt, only way to tell for sure is to examine a shed skin the next time she sheds... or if you still have the last one maybe you can tell from it

peace

TheDon

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
woah nice irminias....they look so good now i want to get one too..

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would say if she is around 5" she is probably mature. I would try it and see if she is interested yet. If not then she isn't mature or doesn't like your male lol

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't know nothing about breeding, But I was wondering how often do you see yours? I never see my 3" P. irminia so I don't know if she is mean. and I'm not going to dig her out to find out! also are all males similar to that color? any of them look just like the females? I don't know what mine is, but it looks like your female?

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have not seen an adult male with female colors. Mine didn't hide much, she had a web she would hide in but a lot of the time she would hang out outside of it.