Hadrurus arizonensis

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Quick question, Do the Hadrurus arizonensis need water bowls if not what about misting once a week? Did A search on care sheet but had no luck:(,well I did not google it,let my try that.

I will appreciate responses

Thanks,Kevin

dizzee

Arachnopeon
i find that mine gets all its water needs from it feed as i made sure the food for the crix are ripe and juicy and replace everyday or when slightly dry.

if you want to ad water, i have herd of a few people that they mist very very lighly almost drip a few drops down the glass in the corner once a month, but i have never had the confidence to dry just in case on Mycosis even if it is the low level of water.

Hope this helps mate

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i find that mine gets all its water needs from it feed as i made sure the food for the crix are ripe and juicy and replace everyday or when slightly dry.

if you want to ad water, i have herd of a few people that they mist very very lighly almost drip a few drops down the glass in the corner once a month, but i have never had the confidence to dry just in case on Mycosis even if it is the low level of water.

Hope this helps mate
Never had a mycosis problem with any of mine, and I nearly soak the lower levels of their substrate. They're not normally in desert dry conditions when they're burrowed several feet into the soil. Then again, I don't deal with much atmospheric humidity here, so maybe I can risk replicating the conditions I find them in while others can't.

I'll add that I can't get them to molt without soaking their substrate for a period of time. I try to match it with the monsoon season here.

To answer the question, they'll drink from a water bowl. It would be useful if you're keeping them bone dry.

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
I also keep the lower levels of the substrate mosit.
It helps keep the burrows from crumbling.
I use a mix of 2 parts coco, one part sand for the bottom 4"
and cover with about an inch of sand on top.

I insert a straw in the coroner that reaches the bottom, and shoot water down it.

As a side note, My adult Female got out of her enclouser a few days ago, scarred my mom half to death.
Spent a few hours catching the lil bugger lol....
Lesson, dont use homemade lids lol.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Never had a mycosis problem with any of mine, and I nearly soak the lower levels of their substrate. They're not normally in desert dry conditions when they're burrowed several feet into the soil. Then again, I don't deal with much atmospheric humidity here, so maybe I can risk replicating the conditions I find them in while others can't.

I'll add that I can't get them to molt without soaking their substrate for a period of time. I try to match it with the monsoon season here.

To answer the question, they'll drink from a water bowl. It would be useful if you're keeping them bone dry.
Cool, our Humidity here in Texas is pretty humid.So I might choose to to give water bowl for the time being.THANKS

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Hope this helps mate
Oh it defiantly helps mate.Thanks!

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I also keep the lower levels of the substrate mosit.
It helps keep the burrows from crumbling.
I use a mix of 2 parts coco, one part sand for the bottom 4"
and cover with about an inch of sand on top.

I insert a straw in the coroner that reaches the bottom, and shoot water down it.

As a side note, My adult Female got out of her enclouser a few days ago, scarred my mom half to death.
Spent a few hours catching the lil bugger lol....
Lesson, dont use homemade lids lol.

Sounds like a great way to keep humidity up.My wife of bug sprayed that scorp so I got to be real careful on things escaping ;)

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You've gotten them to molt, Anubis? Do you have any pics?
I can dig up their exuviae if you want to see, but I don't have any pictures of them freshly molted. Never seen them that way. They burrow in to molt and just come out larger several weeks later.

Atheris666

Arachnopeon
They dont need water bowls, they get most if not all the water they need through their food. Mist them down if you want, but thats really all they need.

Chris

Last edited:

Irene B. Smithi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use the dirt from my yard... they live in the area... and I don't spray mine... though I do plan to offer a water dish once a month.