P.ultramarinus observations(RH&temps)

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have 2x 4" P.ultramarinus housed individually in 5 gallon aquariums.I house them as terrestrials with the opportunity to burrow.They've shown no interest in burrowing but rather stay out in plain view the majority of the time or when disturbed head for their corkbark retreats.Staying out in the open in a bonus as they are a very striking spider to look at.They are doing well in temps in the range of high 70's-low 80's with and RH value around 75%.They also have huge appetites and will take pinkies(prekilled)....peace...

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well Hair,

My jealousy continues to grow. I need this spider! Thanks for these observations on some of the more rare T's. Now give us some pics;)

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Deliverme314
Now give us some pics;)
Pictures will come soon.I don't have a digital myself but have talked to Skinheaddave to come over and do a photoshoot of the spiders....hopefully over the next week or so...peace..

phil

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi
I have an adult P.ultramarinus, I've seen tidier burrows, but she dug a burrow none the less, sorry for the spid pic, part of the burrow colapsed trying to get her out, she's camera shy.

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great looking female!I didn't realize there was so much color difference premolt and post molt.Right now mine are in post molt and looking like the following post molt pics..Post molt..and one of Premolt..Enjoy your spider...peace..