sling molting soon?

jdmjames

Arachnopeon
so i have a versi sling who is a very good eater, was about a quarter inch and is now half maybe .75" and he ate right before he molted. literally i threw in the cricket that morningg he grabbed it and started munching. i came home to 2 T's? lol i was so surprised it molted. but anyway i also have 2 avic. sp. "peru" and one is about an inch and the other is significantly smaller. about .5" just about the size of the versi but he is eating finee now too. his butt is glossy though and baldd. the one that is an inch is very hairy and you can see his patterns and all. im guessing its getting to premolt? what do you thinkk? no pics cause my phone wont get that detail and i dnt have a camera sorry :(

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When the abdomen turns black and shiny/ glossy the molt is coming soon. The longest any of our spiderlings have taken to molt after reaching that stage has been 6 days. Little ones like that can and will eat up until the day before a molt. Our A. versicolor surprised us with that trick. :)

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Wild Rover, my little P regalis sling, did just that. Turning dark and glossy, but still eating everything I gave him. He ate a small cricket yesterday. I just got to the office and looked in on him and his legs have cleared the old molt! He's on the cube wall in a little silk hammock. Eager to see the new baby, since he was just about 1.25" before.

Marga

jdmjames

Arachnopeon
how much do they normally grow as slings? like I said on my post my versicolor ate the day he molted! I was amazed lol. I still am :p its always had good appetite, he like crickets bigger than him. small crickets he lets them be. weird. lol