Poll: Hottentotta Trilineatus or Vaejovis Spinigerus

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm buying another scorpion but have no clue which one to get. I am deliberating between Hottentotta Trilineatus and Vaejovis Spinigerus. I want something that uses it's stinger to hunt, which I hear the trilineatus does, but I like how the Spinigerus is communal. Please help! If you have any personal experiences with either I'd be most happy.

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have to lean toward the Vaejovis on this one. The exact requirements for the Vaejovidae scorp are far more easily maintained than the Hottentotta. They are both similarly "spicey" and make great scorps, but the Hottentotta genus is not the easiest to keep, most notably when you're attempting to maintain several hundred scorps at a time.They require less time and the results are about the same on the turn around.

adios,
edw.

Richard_uk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love my Vaejovis. One of my favourite scorpions, I hope to have a sizeable colony next year.

V. spinigerus

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
They are highly defensive and aggressive towards their prey, but a small species just as the Hottentotta, and due to this, both can be expected to be quite fast to attack prey with the sting.

adios,
edw.