Brazilian Black

Nature81

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone, I'm new here but have been reading up.

After a lot of searching I have managed to find a Brazilian Black (Grammostola Pulchra) which I am very excited about. Although I have looked after a few tarantulas at work I've never had my own. I have purchased a "grown on" spiderling and I'm unsure what that is, can anyone enlighten me? I would also be grateful for any tips on this species.

Happy chatting

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nature81, I can't help with the "grown on" part. It may be referring to captive born or bred- or size. With the latter mentioned, I kept my wee ones, around a third of an inch on faintly moist peat up until they turned black at around .75" to 1". From that size, I begin adding a coke cap for a waterdish and keep the sub bone dry with 1" to 4" inches of peat in depth, depending on the size of the spider- also bumping the waterdish from a 1-liter cap and finally to a ~1"x4". Small spiderlings up to 2.5" will do great in ~4"X2" deli cups then bumped into larger ~4"x6" food containers after that. Once they hit 4", they're moved up again. They will take both live or pre-killed crickets readily.

Btw, Imop, you picked one of the best pet t's available. Good luck with it and welcome aboard. :) Terry

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
I tried google and "grown on" is only found in europe I only found a few sites listing grown on and they were all UK sites. Try asking a pet shop there ...