I Have A Problem

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Last nite after doing my homework I was looking at all my T'z and I seen that my Aphonopelma chalcodes molted and I was happy. :D Cuz these guys take forever to molt and it also turned out to be an adult so now I don't have to wait on it to molt agian. :D But When I was looking at thats where my problem came. You guys know what Aphonopelma chalcodes look like and right now he (yes it turned out to be a male) looks nothing like a Aphonopelma chalcodes.:rolleyes: He's like all black but with a red but. Well it doesn't matter all that much just as long as I get to breed him. Hey Ernie I seen all them Aphonopelma's over there wanna go another 50/50 deal ?? Just let rest for about 3-4 weeks and let me fatten him up.

Sam,

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
don't worry about the color. we get those in at the store soetimes under the name desert tarantula. and I assumed they are chalcodes. anyway later

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Are you worried that it is not an A. chalcodes? I think adult males of this species look nothing like the females, and are indeed very dark in color.

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
IME mature male Aphonopelma's rarely look anything like they did before the maturing molt, though A.hentzi's appearance doesn't change all that much. Most go into a dark even almost black "stealth" mode so their travels are less likely to attract the attention of preditors. Your A.chalcodes looks much like the male I sent off for breeding a couple months ago. You can expect big changes in coloration from at least these species: anax, bicoloratum, chalcodes, moderatum, "Flagstaff Orange". and even seemanni. I'm sure there are others that lose their coloration as well with their maturing molt as well, but these stand out. They can look like a completely different species :cool:

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey man, I have a female that is in pre-molt and will be mature after. If you want to pass your sexy boy around let me know. Thanks!

Later,

Jake