funny escape stories

Lolita

Arachnoknight
Last weekend when watering my slings and showing my friend my collection i pulled the lid off to water on of my LP's i didn't see he was on the lid and he ran up my arm into my armpit luckily my friend got him out and we got them back into it's deli cup but it was funny my friend ragged on my a little for starting to hollar get it get it get it because i'm not afraid of T's or spiders in general and actually carefully handle mine on occasion but i flipped out at having a spider in my armpit.

another time back when my BF and i first started dating my B boehmi sling molted and needed a bigger deli cup so i was moving it into a bigger deli cup and it moved a little faster than expected and got onto the carpet it just sat on the carpet (i was sitting on the floor when i made the transfer) and just sat there kicking hairs at me so i moved him into his new enclosure but before i did i thought my boyfriend was gonna run away screaming like a little girl he was all bug eyed and his mouth was a O of shock but i just switched him into a new deli and removed the hairs with some tweezers but i will never forget the look on his face.

Another time was with one of my first slings i went in my room my mom was misting some of my reptiles and i opened it's lid and casually said i needed to water the tarantula she took that as me wanting her to mist it before i could get don't do that out she squirted him and he jumped out of his deli cup and was on the floor my mom yelled oh my god it's gonna get me and ran out of the room.

so those of my funny stories what are yours?

morg59jeep

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When I was married, I was on a work trip to Vegas my wife called me in panic. She was in the tub taking a bath and my p. regalis had somehow escaped and was on the floor in the bathroom. She did not dare to get out of the tub and the T just sat there still on the floor for a few hours. She called me multiple times and I kept instructing her what to do. She finally got the nerve to run out of the bathroom. Once dressed her task was now to catch it. I told her to place an empty 1 gallon ice cream bucket over it. Took her a few hours of attempting. She said she would open the door and when the T would move she would scream, drop the bucket and run out and close the door again. When I got home a few days later I discovered that she had bumped the enclosure and knocked it off the desk unknowingly.

web eviction

Arachnolord
I had opened the critter keeper my p. Irminia resides in for cleaning and before I new what happend the little devil bolted up the side and teleported from the top to my face and went right up my nose lol in one quick panic I plugged the other nostril and blew her out like a snot rocket into the palm of my hand, lol don't think I've ever been that worried scared the hek outta me....

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine is a classic, told many times : I had a MM P rufilata that escaped and we found it two weeks later in the most funniest ways. My wife was on the "trone" when suddently, the bathroom fan stopped dead and she could clearly see two green legs holding the blades while the spider extracted itself from the cranny surrounding the propeller behind the wall, released the fan blades and proceeded to jump toward the adjacent wall. It really was 3 feet airborne between the fan and the spot it landed.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
man those are some pretty funny stories i especially loved the tarantula booger one that was funny