My female and male Poecilotheria ornata "blue form" or "light form"

Chromarco

Arachnopeon
I introduce to you my breeding pair Poecilotheria ornata "blue form" or "light form", very soon the female will be mom!! The 3 first pictures are from de female and the others belong to the male!!:D

Attachments

Last edited:

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
looks like a 'normal' form to me, most P. ornata have purple/lavender highlights
specially after molt, very pretty

patrick86

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Love the looks of the female and I agree with Anastasia. Heck my girl even has a few green highlights.

Best of luck with the breeding Chromarco

Sure hope we don't start seeing P. ornata "Blue Form" or "Light Form" in the classifieds.

Chromarco

Arachnopeon
looks like a 'normal' form to me, most P. ornata have purple/lavender highlights
specially after molt, very pretty
Thank you!! And well, the female molt two months ago, and in fact the purple never disappear in the last molts, the male molt three months ago, so, this coloration is not common, so I´m lucky :} to have this awesome blue or light form!! jeje

Greetings!!

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Thank you!! And well, the female molt two months ago, and in fact the purple never disappear in the last molts, the male molt three months ago, so, this coloration is not common, so I´m lucky :} to have this awesome blue or light form!! jeje

Greetings!!
My P. ornata has these purple highlights. And some green on the femur in the right light. Im pretty sure there is slight natural variation but i have never heard of any other color forms of P. ornata. :?

That is a georgous ornata you have!

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Regardless of form, definitely a beautiful female. Got to love the Pokies, even if some of mine are anti-social, lol.

patrick86

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks a bunch Tom. Looks like they got this stopped before it was able to take money from unsuspecting hobbyists.

I checked out the link at the bottom of that page, Phalagorn. Guess where it took me, an overseas tarantula selling website. Imagine that.