Id and sex this heterometrus sp please!

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Been eying this for a while and my sister got it for me for a early bday present.

If you need better pics I can try, this guy tries to kill me I swear lol.

Thanks

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
If you can get a clearer shot of its underside im sure someone can I'd the sex.

And im not surprised that its trying to "kill" you lol.

My last "Asian Forest" was very active and aggressive.
Almost escaped a few times.... laying still then ... WhooF! Full speed charge!
Keep an eye out!

Bammer

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
I not certain about the species, but I think it could be H. longimanus.

Maybe a male? As Bam said, the picture wasn't that good, sorry.:);)

Chrome69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks female, still kinda hard to tell with that pic, and it's not a longimanus, pedipalps aren't slender enough.
Either petersii, laoticus, or spinifer. From the pictures I'm leaning towards laoticus from the lack of granulation in the pictures, if there is granulation somewhere that the pictures didnt pick up on the head try to get a picture of it or just use paint and circle where it is.

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ive gotten 2 people to say its female and narrowed it down to either a petersii or a laoticus now lol

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
could be a female laoticus.. can you take a picture with flash.. most laoticus will look flat black on a picture with flash..

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ill try to find my digital camera as these were taken on my phone, I could shine my led flashlight on it real quick will that work??

I used the flashlight on the underside pic

Chrome69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
could be a female laoticus.. can you take a picture with flash.. most laoticus will look flat black on a picture with flash..
Very good advice, if you flash it and it comes out black it's an extreme probability its laoticus, if you flash and it comes out green or brown it's a spinifer or a petersii. Don't rule out spinifer yet.

ps. heterometrus sp suck at IDing outside of longimanus if you havent noticed

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
I not certain about the species, but I think it could be H. longimanus.

Maybe a male? As Bam said, the picture wasn't that good, sorry.:);)
Ive gotten 2 people to say its female and narrowed it down to either a petersii or a laoticus now lol
Oops, looks like I was all wrong. How did that happen?:D;)

Yeah, it looks like a female from the second picture. I would guess H. loaticus now.:D

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah the local guy that bought one from there says his guess is a loaticus as well.

I am still looking for my digital camera to snap a pic

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Keep in mind I am making a guess, and like I said I could most likely be 100% wrong.

All I did to make my Id was look at maybe 19 or so pics of Hets outside the small group of ones i know it couldn't be. I am really getting lazy in my ID attempts as of late.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was thinking petersii because the pic made it look big to me but I too am thinking laoticus, if no granulation then you will know. Petersii look like giant laoticus but with a little granulation, laoticus are kind of small compared to other Hets common in the hobby in the US.

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Where do I look for granualtions (sp)? She looks pretty smooth all around...

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ill check when I get home, but I am pretty sure shes smooth all around and I will try to get a pic with a digital camera if I can find it.

Damn phone camera is ghetto with no flash :/