Herp Care Software 2.0 released!

LotusE

Arachnopeon
I'm very proud to announce the release of version 2.0 of my freeware Herp Care Software (HCS) this week.

This version has some big improvements compared to the previous version, like a full-blown menu and help file, a new species screen. A SCHEDULER to schedule your herp's feedings, a new improved way of printing, etc...

You can download this freeware software from my website:

The GeckoCam

For those who don't know HCS yet: this software enables you track the vital statistics of your herps, like feeding, length, weight, sickness, etc...

You can also manage the humidity, temperature, etc... of your enclosures.

And best of all, it's freeware. But if you like it , please donate some money so I can keep developing this software to make it a reference for every herp keeper!

I'm still looking for some major sponsors in the industry who want to support my project in the future, so if you know anyone who might be interested, do not hesitate to let him/her contact me.

Enjoy the software!

Cheers

LotusE

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'll download it in a bit, though I don't really have any herps,and I don't know how applicable/appropriate the program will be to arachnids/inverts

Not complaining, but it'd really be nice for a change if advertisers became established members before advertising as oppose to joining to advertise then vanishing...

Perhaps if you post more and put your time into the forum, its members will put the time into your cause.

LotusE

Arachnopeon
Not complaining or anything,

But I really don't have the time to become an established member of all forums there are on the internet. I spend most of my time programming this FREEWARE software, trying to help as many herpers as possible AND giving support for this software.

So excuse me if I just pop in to say, "Look guys, this software may help you and you can download it for free from my website". If it doesn't help you, fine, just, uninstall it.

And what you call 'Advertizing' is just asking, that if someone likes the software, they are always free to help me developing this software on the long term by donating some money.

So, I will not put time in the forum, but instead of posting on a twenty or more forums on the internet to become an established member, I will be making functional analysis, developing and debugging my software, giving support to the users every evening, trying to help as many herpers as possible. How's that for a cause?

Cheers

LotusE

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks LotusE!

Have looked at you program. Seems like a really nice program, have started on making something a bit similar myself in Acces, but now i don't think i will have to finish it :D

Works fine for tarantulas and scorpions to.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
thanks for the info...I've dl'd it, and I'll play around with it and see how it works. I've been needing something nice and simple for my breeding projects...thanks for posting!

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'll stick with snake tracker, your is ok, but S.T. has the bugs out and is much more inclusive. Keep working on it an I might switch eventually.
Rev

Shellob

Arachnopeon
I like the idea, but as a novice T. keeper, will this software be usefull?

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Any chance on seeing a version for Mac? It sounds useful :)

-Bryan

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Shellob, I think it would be useful, not that big of a DL, it is worth it. Great job LotusE, BTW do I know you from #geckochat or #gexfiles?

KoRn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Dude, ya thanks man, thats a pretty badd ass Proggie. whats Snake Tracker? never heard of it, got a link?

LotusE

Arachnopeon
reverendsterlin,

If you've got any suggestions to improve HCS, please do not hesitate to post them on my forum.

Cheers

LotusE

BakuBak

Arachnolord
Old Timer
LotusE the feeding schelder dont work ... i fill all gabs that i have found but when i open it i see only blank exel cels
whot i need to do tu set this program to remind me about fedding time ?? !!

=D =D

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Works for me. I set the program up with all the feeding records for my snakes up to the most current. When you open the program and go to "manage your herps" if something needs to be fed that day a box will pop up telling you. Make sure that when you make the species profile to input the amount of days between feedings.