Enclosure size OK?

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
From these pictures does it look like this corn snake has enough room? I have read in some places that they dont need much room but I've read in others that they need a cage of a certain length guideline.

red fury

Arachnopeon
from my LIMITED experiences with corns, i think the tank is more than enough room, i would however ( and i do this with all my snakes) is put something on their cool side to hide in.. i use fake plants that they drag all around and they all seem to love either bathing in their water dishes then go hide under their plants or bask under the IR bulbs.... i usually go 3-4 days without "seeing" my blood python since not only does he hide under his plant, but buries himself in the eco earth so all you can see is the tip of his face and if your lucky, an eye...

Last edited:

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
looks fine to me,better than some of mine were I keep in steralite tubs,but this is temporary for me

High_Rolling_T

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How big is that enclosure? I had a corn snake before. For substrate I had used coco fibre, and whenever I put in new batch that was still moist, it loved to just burrow under and hide in there as long as it could lol. Mine wasn't too different looking than yours, just a little bit oranger

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That looks plenty adequate for a corn. Mine is actually in a tank a bit smaller but I have my aspen deeper. If it was me i'd just get a bigger water dish that was big enough for him to soak in. Just my 2 cents. Great looking corn there!:cool: