My Desert Hairy Scorpion & Molting Issues

Chicagoblue

Arachnopeon
My Desert Hairy Atilla is getting somewhat bloated. It's been like this for about two weeks now. Is it in the process of molting? And if it is in the process of molting, what do i do during the molting process & once it's finished molting? How do i care for him? I tried uploading a photo of him a few times but i kept on receiving a uploading error. Sorry

Last edited:

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
These kinds of questions are asked a lot, just to let you know.;)

There are several reasons why it could be "fat". If it is not a juvenile, it could be a gravid female or it could just be healthy and well fed.

If it is in pre-molt, than you should keep the humidity and temperatures a little bit higher than normal. However, make sure there is adequate ventilation, as this is very important as well.

If it is in pre-molt, it will find a place that is suitable and molt. Try not to disturb it while it is molting.

After it has molted, you can remove the exuvate (molt) and keep it as a souvenior. It's chitinous outer surface should harden in about a week, and then you will be able to offer food. I hope I helped.;)

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.;):D

Off topic: I know it doesn't matter much, but I am now an arachnobaron!:D