Ultratherm Heat Pads

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I found these heat pads at the following website:

https://secure.ioncart.net/beanfarm/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=6

Does anyone have any experience with them? I want to move my tarantulas into a different closet but it tends to stay much cooler in that one. I'm trying to figure out the safest, most efficient way to heat a small space for the best price. It seems like these pads might help out but I don't know if they'll be enough.

I'm nervous about space heaters, even though this particular closet is not carpeted. I don't want to have to turn anything off when I leave the house. The space I need to heat is a walk-in closet with several shelves on one side and a water heater.

I did a search on heating methods but it pulled up way too many threads. If any of you can remember a thread that was useful to you, please refer me.

-Kelly

BakuBak

Arachnolord
Old Timer
you wont something 4 heating ?? :]

the best way is thiis one :
you need :
1 som COTTON WOOL
2 som silykon or enother non toxick elastic glue

3 fish heater

4 TEST-TUBE - a litle bit longer and 2-3 times biger DIAMETER
- you can find them on all universitys and in som schop ...

insted you can use some glass bottels :]

why it is the best way ??
- it is the chepest way
- you can smoofly set the temperature by changeing the power of the fish heater

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Check out the portable heat light with a dome and clamp.The ones usually used for heating lizards.Available in any petshops.You'd be surprised what a couple of them with a hundred watt light bulb(you can get red bulbs) will do for heating a small area.You can find the right temp by using different wattage bulbs.Portable..easy to mount and fairly cheap.They'd work great for heating a small closet...peace..

BakuBak

Arachnolord
Old Timer
using any bulb for heating spiders is very risky ... and i dont recomend that for jouvenals ore for nymfs ... eaven for adoult there is a need tu conect them with Electronic Temperature Controller