Robc's Hysterocrates sp.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Anyone here have any of the Hysterocrates spiderlings featured in this video? I'm trying to start a breeding project with these.

[YOUTUBE]Qp1Bj3Pz294[/YOUTUBE]

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Why is it so important that they are from Robc's female?:?
Later, Tom

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Because all the rest in the hobby are most likely Hysterocrates hybrids.

This particular sack was captive hatched, less likely to be hybrid, and even if they are hybrids, they are at least naturally occurring.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Based on what?

Based on the fact that there is no real way to tell one species of Hysterocrates from the other.

With Hysterocrates there are only a limited number of methods to seperate certain specimens into groups. These methods include using color/pattern and size of legs, most notably leg IV.

Also there are certain species that only attain enlarged leg IV only after reaching a certain size. You don't know what you have until it is full grown.

http://www.the-t-store.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=3781

kanito107

Arachnosquire
There's no way to say for sure that robs female is in fact a full breed. Who know if their parents were hybrids or not.
All I'm saying you can't prove or be sure that a certain species, regardless of the owner, is a full bred t or not

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
There's no way to say for sure that robs female is in fact a full breed. Who know if their parents were hybrids or not.
All I'm saying you can't prove or be sure that a certain species, regardless of the owner, is a full bred t or not

It doesn't matter if she is not full breed because she is wild caught. If she is a hybrid, then all that means is there is something else to learned about Hysterocrates.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Because all the rest in the hobby are most likely Hysterocrates hybrids.

This particular sack was captive hatched, less likely to be hybrid, and even if they are hybrids, they are at least naturally occurring.
Fair enough, so I assume he didn't mate the spider himself, it was a WC gravid female? Regardless that dosn't imply what species it is, just that its likely not a hybrid. :cool:

Later, Tom

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Fair enough, so I assume he didn't mate the spider himself, it was a WC gravid female? Regardless that dosn't imply what species it is, just that its likely not a hybrid. :cool:

Later, Tom
Yes, WC gravid.

Nope I'm not sure what they are hence the title.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
D'oh!:wall: my bad. Sorry if I de-railed your thread, as I dont have any from Rob's sac.

Later, Tom
Not at all. Most people don't know, now they do. ;)

I have a mature male from this sack, sold his sister a while ago. Just need to get her back!

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

What's wrong with these?
Whats wrong?! everything! pack em all up and send them to me!
Look at those legs everywhere :eek: , Great picture, I can say one thing, Am just love to see tarantulas communal, I leave all my Poecilotheria together for longest times, never had Hysterocrates tho
How long they been together?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They're sacmates - never separated.

JC - Want me to provide you pictures of the male and female who produced the group I have?

Or are you only interested in the Robc spiders?

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
JC - Want me to provide you pictures of the male and female who produced the group I have?

Or are you only interested in the Robc spiders?
I don't want to speak for JC, but reading through that link that he provided, unless you have pics of the adults, from when they were s'lings all the way to adults, there is no way to be sure what you have. I'm not saying you have hybrids, just that you might;)

The idea behind getting s'lings from a WC gravid adult is the best way to assure they are not hybrids, whatever they may be.

Later, Tom

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
So even if you get the the female back, without very specific and reliable locale/collection data, (which you'll virtually never get with hobby imports) you still end up with some sort of pure Hysterocrates sp. no more, no less.
A couple leg measurements are going to tell you next to nothing except that it's not H. hercules...:)

I have a commune group of 2 fems and a mature male that are from a wc gravid fem that have been together for three years, I just accept that I'll never get an id to species level....

Bill

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Hmm. I'll check that out.

He told me he they were captive hatched. Perhaps some confusing in respect to video selection on my part.