Ethmostigmus sp - Blue leg centipede Info?

Tangerine

Arachnopeon
I've been wanting a centipede for awhile and I'm considering buying a "Ethmostigmus sp - Blue leg centipede" from ken the bug guy's website.. I haven't owned a centipede before and I can't find much online so I thought I'd ask here. Soo.. 1.) How big does this species get? 2.) About how long do they live? 3.) It's normally 72 degrees in my house. Is this warm enough or will I need to heat its enclosure? 4.) How much humidity does it need? 5.) Is it very active?
I'd like a large active centipede that eats a lot. I don't really know much about centipedes at all and I'd like to be informed about how to care for one before I make a purchase, so any additional information I might need to know is appreciated. Also, If anyone wants to recommend a different species or US based website to buy from that would be great. Thanks

stingray

Arachnobaron
I dont have that particular pede but here is a good book about centipedes to have. :)

Keseo

Arachnopeon
Centipede

I personally bought one of these from ken at the bug fair in LA. They are pretty easy to take care of from what i have seen. The room mine stays in is about 75-78 at any given time and i spray it from time to time but also have a watering dish for it. They spend alot of time burrowed but are awesome display pedes. They have a pretty nasty bite from what i was told that is followed with an infection so should be kept as display only (info i was told when i purchased mine). Eats a few crickets a week or really any insect smaller than them. Very interesting to watch eat (try using tongs you will be shocked how strong they are).

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I've had one for about 3 years now. Your temps. are fine. Despite the area they're from, they appear to appreciate the moisture and will be seen much more if you keep them in a dark corner and give them a moisture gradation. A water dish never hurts. I think 5-5.5" is average, though this varies. Not a big eater but one of my messier 'pedes...a few isopods or springtails will save you cleanup headaches.

An interesting paper if you can get your hands on it...they are known to inhabit abandoned termite mounds, thus my comments on moisture:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1469-7998.1972.tb01732.x/abstract

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They definitely do appreciate moisture, but aren't as prone to drying out as say, Subspinipes.

I have the yellow legs, and I never see it unless I dig it out. Not a very big eater, and don't get very big.