Question about feeding spiderlings

fathomfyre

Arachnopeon
I am new to the hobby and I would like to know how fast these different species of spiderlings would grow based on power feeding versus regular feeding.

I would like to get a few of these and am curious to see how fast they would mature based on members/keepers experiences. I guess info regarding 6 month, 1 year and 1 1/2 year development/maturation/size of each species would be great. This way I will know what I will be up against in the future.

These are the 10 spiderlings I am considering getting. Thanks for your input!

Avicularia versicolor
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Eupalaestrus campestratus
Grammostola pulchra
Lasiodora parahybana
Nhandu coloratovillosus
Pamphobeteus platyomma
Poecilotheria regalis
Psalmopoeus irminia
Theraphosa stirmi or blondi

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well, 1st and foremost, welcome to the hobby... and please understand what im about to say IS NOT INTENDED TO BE RUDE but we existing members see these questions every single day. lol. i assure you everything you need to know is found by using the search function at the top of the screen next to your status box. NOW I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU.... what do you want out of a t and are ya lookin for an arboreal or terrestrial tarantula

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Growth and maturation of tarantulas vary according to species, feeding routines, water availability and temperature. In most instances, arboreal tarantulas, under even normal conditions, will reach breedable size in 24-30 months. By power feeding and increasing habitat temperatures, you may be able to shave about six months off this time table. If you raise a group of spiderlings from a single sac, under the same conditions, when the first male of the group reaches sexual maturity, the females in the group are generally ready to breed, despite often being smaller than the male. Many of the terrestrial and burrowing species take much longer to mature. I hope this answered some of your questions.
Diane

roaddog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think this is what he is looking for:

P. regalis Male, not power fed, temps from 70-85
1-1-10 sling .5 inches
6-1-10 juvi 2.5 inches
12-1-10 5 inches
5-1-11 6+ inches

P. regalis female, not power fed, temps from 70-85
1-1-10 .5
6-1-10 2 inches
12-1-10 4.5 inches
5-1-10 5.5 inches

Feeding once a week to every other week. This is the only species I have raised from a sling.

I do have P. irminia that are 6 months old and are already 4+ inches unsexed.

fathomfyre

Arachnopeon
Thank you for the info...yes roaddog that is more along the lines of the info I was looking for. Can anyone else add they're experiences with these.
Thanks!