Earth Tiger info?

BigBadConrad

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think Earth Tigers seem very cool, attractive, and I like their aggressive reputation. Are they difficult to find in the US hobby? Anyone know where to find them? Is there a most desirable species and why? Do some "display" better than others? Is schmidti a good one? Can anyone share experiences they've had with them? Any other info on them is appreciated.

Thanks,
John

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I dont tihnk they are that hard to find if you go to any reputable breeders, they would probably have them..

Earth Tiger

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
manville, IMO the most beautiful Haplopelma species is Haplopelma schmidti, followed by H. lividum. Most Haplopelma species are deep burrowers and thus they are not good for display purposes, though.

The huge size, golden carapace and relatively less aggressive temperament of H. schmidti makes it a very desirable Haplopelma species and thus it often commands a high value, at 80-150USD each in US. In Europe they are slightly less expensive, but are still expensive enough to make the Europeans buy them from me. The demand on them is so high that both my stock and cottonsheep's run out in a month time. If you are interested, pls contact me.

Last edited:

Earth Tiger

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi BigBadConrad, I dun want to put it here but ur PM box is full and ur mailbox is unreachable~