my new stripe knee

usumbaraboy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well my stripe knee just molted like the 2 week of january and when would be a good time to feed him or her? and after he or she molted he stayed near his skin does anybody know y?
He started to borrow under a log i put in and i took it out cause if he or she went any farther it would of killed him or her so was that a good idea? :confused: :?

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hmmm...you can feed it right now after a week is good...anyways it probably was a good idea taking the log out..i dont think it would have killed it though..

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not to sound silly but why would digging under a log kill the spider ??

Regards, Mike :confused:

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alot of species that burrow will do so under an object such as a log, so I don't see a problem with the log.

Andy

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mine molted 2 weeks ago and still has not emerged from his hide. You can try to feed him 7-10 days after a molt, check that his fangs are black first. But if he's like mine he may not want to eat yet.

Wh1teshark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You don't have to be afraid that the spider will decide to molt in a to small space and get stuck and die. It will either move outside or expand the burrow. THe only danger that I can think of would be if it dug a big enough burrow so that the log falls over the T.

/David

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by usumbaraboy
well my stripe knee just molted like the 2 week of january and when would be a good time to feed him or her? and after he or she molted he stayed near his skin does anybody know y?
He started to borrow under a log i put in and i took it out cause if he or she went any farther it would of killed him or her so was that a good idea? :confused: :?
She's probably good to go as far as feeding (being it's been a couple weeks since molt). If she doesn't pounce on the food right away after realizing it's in there, just remove it and try again in a week.

On the skin, I think it's a sense of security, since their new skin isn't quite the protection as the old one was (at least not right away).

On the log, it all depends on how it is set up. If it's sitting in there like a teeter totter, potentially harmful, then it's no good. If it's set in there good and solid and the t is burrowing under it away from the ends, it should be fine. Just use your best judgment. This species tends to gravitate toward logs, plants and rocks, or so it has been my experience. The log should be fine if there is no risk of it crushing the t. Packing the dirt on the ends of the tank where the log ends are set, and sinking the log ends in a bit may be helpful toward that end.

usumbaraboy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
for all of you who are thinking how would digging kill the stripe knee he was digging right at the end of the log and it would of come down like a titertotter and crushed him.:) =D

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Wh1teshark
THe only danger that I can think of would be if it dug a big enough burrow so that the log falls over the T.

/David
that's exactly what i understoof when he said it would have killed him.. it's actually the only way it could have killed him...
but yea you can feed it now.... as for the t staying beside it's exoskeleton it's nothing.... mine do that sometimes too...

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I dont think so...maybe the substarte is too moist....give it more ventilation?