How much do I feed a P. scrofa, and can I feed it two bugs at a time??

DannyH

Arachnobaron
And if its more than one cricket, can I feed it two at the same time or should it be seperate?

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I judge whether to feed and how much to feed based on the looks of my T's booty. If it's nice and plump I only add water to the water dish. If it's got "some room" I feed. I have T's that will grab five or six crickets at a time when they're hungry. You can give yours more than one cricket at a time, depending on the size of your T and the size of the crickets. Just check within 24 hours and remove any that aren't eaten.
Diane

Alexandra V

Arachnosquire
I feed different amounts depending on the age of the tarantula. If it's younger, I'll offer maybe about four crickets a week. An older one I'll offer maybe one or two crickets a week. It's more a judgement call than anything.

As for putting multiple in at the same time, you can definitely do that. Just don't give it like a million crickets at once lol, you don't want an army of crix in there :p I usually offer up anywhere from two to four crickets per sitting. The tarantula will get around to eating them at it's own pace. Just make sure that you take out any uneaten prey within 24 hours, as was already said.

cnapple

Arachnoknight
I'll usually toss a couple 1/2" crickets in with my 3" P. scrofa. This usually ends up with her fanging both crickets at once.{D

Aschamne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When my P. scrofa was under 2", I fed her 1 cricket every week to a week and a half. Now that she is over 2", I fed her 1 cricket every 2 to 3 weeks.

Art

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
P. scrofa is another arid, lower temp, slooowwww metabolism T like G. rosea. They don't need a lot to eat. They'll still usually grab up whatever you feed them but will also balloon up quickly and stay that way for a while. Feed until the booty is plump but not too often or she may end up fasting for the nex ?? months.