Gimpy leg rosehair

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I picked up this g. rosea yesterday from the petstore, see its gimpy hairless leg?
I put it on straight peat (it was on some sort of bark chips). Do I need to do anything different for it than I would any other rosie, because of the leg?
I have no clue on whether it is female or male, the person selling it didnt know how to sex them) but it doesnt matter to me which it is.

Attachments

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like a big fat female! :D I could be wrong though if it molts later.
Curious about the leg? Is it a regenerated leg?

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well, thats what I think..

the leg is much skinnier than the others, and it has no hair? I dont know if that is normal on regenerated legs or not...
I tried to get a shot of it underneath, but I swear it has NO booklungs...(just kidding, i do know it has to) but the abdomen underneath is so fuzzy, I cant really make them out, much less anything else).

Last edited:

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL! I know what you mean about the hair. My PZB is soooo hairy that I was even considering giving it a hair cut just to see if I could tell what sex it is! But, I can wait till it molts.:D

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Yeah, that looks about right for the 1st regeneration. It won't look so gimpy after it molts again

ubaied93

Arachnopeon
I think that is a regenerated legs. It may have lost its legs before till it gain new one after 1-2 molt.

timisimaginary

Arachnosquire
i think it's safe to say that leg has been through several molts in the 10 years since this thread was posted.
assuming that T is still alive, that is.