Is identifying a Cyclosternum sp. possible?

Sam_Peanuts

Arachnobaron
After I had my Tiger Rump(which I assumed was a C. fasciatum) sexed in the Spermathecae sexing section, Sceptic pointed out that the spermathecea was wrong for a C. fasciatum.

So I was wondering if it was possible to determine exactly what it was or if there aren't enough visual clues for this to be possible. I have taken pictures of her fresh molt and herself and if a more specific region is needed for identification, I can easily take more pictures thanks to my new macro lens.

It was bought by the original owner at a pet shop so there's a good chance it's wild caught.

Here are the pictures hoping someone can identify her.

I uploaded them to imagevenue so that I could keep the full resolution. Click on them to get the full sized version.

Last edited:

Sam_Peanuts

Arachnobaron
Why a C. pentalore and not a Metriopelma zebratum or some other Cyclosternum sp.?

sjl197

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's an old thread, but nobody answered this last question. For a start just on overview, its not M.zebratum because those have two divided orange lines infront of the urticating patch rather than an orange spot. The orange spot doesn't mean only D.pentalore, it just means not M.zebratum. Why not some other Cyclosternum sp? Because it's a messed up group, and most have a very different divided spermathecae.

Sam_Peanuts

Arachnobaron
Thanks for answering even though it's been years.

Good thing I was looking for one of my other post and decided to check this thread back.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Thanks for answering even though it's been years.

Good thing I was looking for one of my other post and decided to check this thread back.

This has to be the record for patience. To think that you've spent the last 4 1/2 years waiting at your keyboard, laundry & mail piling up in the meantime. That's dedication.

Sam_Peanuts

Arachnobaron
I was cursed by a witch to need the answer to be able to function normally so time went by in slow motion and it wasn't that bad. It also explain why it took 9 months to reply and finally break the curse.