Emperor, Reincarnation of an emperor scorpion =)

Bazzgazm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So.... the other day i was rehousing and cleaning.. and my little girl decided to disturb me..

I left my emperor in the sun in a covered tub with water and substrate/hides for about an hour.. max.... when I ran out to get her in the box had to be 120 inside.. i thought for sure i cooked the lifeless, poor little critter. I could pick her up and she was limp.. but i know better than to dispose of arachnids so swiftly... and decided to keep her cooler *75-80* and keep her moist......

3 days later... she starts showing signs of life.. i thought at first just twitching, but i picked her up and she definitely locked onto my finger... 4th day.. a little more moving.. 5th day, she moved from one side of the tank to the other.. and today.. i looked under her bark peices and can see distinct tunnels and she's much more active....

Just go's to show you how tough these little suckers are.. that's one of my favorite girls and i'd be sad if i killed her.... which i thought i did for three days....

but all is well so far... and we'll see

TrentinG

Arachnopeon
im not sure if it harms them or not, but I heard that uv rays harm scorps, so maybye that wasnt a good idea? idk but i hope your scorp is ok :)

stewstew8282

Arachnoknight
uv rays definitely aren't the best for them, I've read on here from another post that blacklights(which have uv rays) damage some part of the exo..im sure someone more knowledgeable will pipe up..