Stolen T Photos

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know this will probly get moved to the Off Topic section but I'll post anyways.
This site
http://groups.msn.com/heartswhispersplace/tarantulas.msn

has several copyrighted photos on there and the owner, although has been warned by several people, refuses to stop stealing photos. I recognize several of the photos and the rightful owners should know they are being used/claimed as hers.
She has been removed from the MSN group for this reason.

This is just to inform anyone who might have had thier photos taken. I know I would not appreciate it very much if someone copied and changed my photos and then took the credit for them.

spyder7697

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thats MESSED UP!!! I vote we tie them up, gag them, cover them with mouse pheromones and put them in a tank with a dozen or so full grown goliaths and see what happens. :D ;P :D
then we can photo the whole ordeal and then they can ave those photos. they ought to get the point(quite litterally)
Ski-Ya Laterz
Russ

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I vote we tie them up, gag them, cover them with mouse pheromones and put them in a tank with a dozen or so full grown goliaths
Ummm..., I don't quite get the pheramones part.:? Are the goliaths supposed to bite them or mate with them?:D

Hell, either way~ it would be interesting!=D

spyder7697

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
just make them smell more like a mouse than a human=more and deeper bites
hehehe
Russ

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by spyder7697
just make them smell more like a mouse than a human=more and deeper bites
FYI, that's just a function of scent, not pheromones. Pheromone has a very specific definition, in layman's terms, it is a chemical intended to cause a specific behavior in another organism, usually of the same species. So the only thing putting mouse pheromones on a human is likely to accomplish is increasing the chances of that human getting sexually assaulted by a mouse ;)

spyder7697

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well from the sounds of things that might be a just punishment for them as well but you knew what i ment i just chose the wrong word sorry
Russ

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by spyder7697
well from the sounds of things that might be a just punishment for them as well but you knew what i ment i just chose the wrong word sorry
Russ
I know women in my neighorhood are terrified of being mouse raped...

Back OT, this person seems to be quite young and not too bright. A few "YOu hurt my feelings!" might work more than anything else..

Bill

danielr6543

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Why must people steal pictures from others and call them their own. Clearly the first picture is from bighairyspiders.com if im not mistaken its Schumms pic of his male Tick. The C.Portoricae and A. Seemanii pictures where taken from swiftinverts.com. And all the rest but the G. Rosea where taken from tarantulas.com.

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We (the group members) tried to tell her on several occasions that we recognized the photos and she should contact the owners for permission. Didn't work. She kept insisting that she took the photos herself and they were of her own Ts. I thought that maybe the blurry one was hers but I knew the others were not and the other members also knew. She ended up getting very nasty with people and was kicked. As you can see in her group, she has only 2 members. I'm not even sure what her group is about except posting pictures of other peoples tarantulas. Absolutely no content at all. I will be marking my photos on my website from now on.

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why dont you just email the poeple in question who's photos she stole.

And I have to say there are a few there from bighairyspiders that I recognise.

From her own pics she looks like she is as common as muck.

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, I wasn't sure who all they belonged to. I recognized the one from Swifts site but I figured if I posted here, they would see it.
In the group album, all she posted were photos of herself. She kept all the T photos on her own group. We always thought it was weird that she never posted a photo of her T she said she had. She had many stories about it but never wanted to show anyone. Now I see why.:rolleyes:

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
she's quite thick as well she has that versicolor that she stole form bighairyspiders labled as a normal pinktoe.

Anyway If I were you i'd email the sites in question and tell them.
Let them deal with her

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Did she ever said those pictures were hers? I couldn't find anything on there that said she took those photos. Perhaps she didn't really pay attention to the copyright concept.

I'm not trying to be on her side or anything. I just couldn't find anything that indicated that she meant to say those were her photos. Right now, all I can see is her ignoring the copyright law and put other people's photos on there.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Actually the seemanni pic is mine. While Kelly does use it on his site he not only gives me credit for it but had the common courtesy to ask 1st. Something others unfortunately don't do.

Phil

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What kills me is that I honestly don't mind folks using my pics as long as they at least mention where they go them and have the decency to ask 1st. While I realize that they are easy to steal you would think it would be just as easy to be up front about it. Perhaps some folks feel that once you post it it's your own fault but I personally take pride in my pics and having done the work to get them feel that giving someone credit is the least you can do. But then again perhaps my perception is off a bit due to my not being a thief.

Phil

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Really?

So the only thing putting mouse pheromones on a human is likely to accomplish is increasing the chances of that human getting sexually assaulted by a mouse
Hey code, Maybe we should grease them down with gorilla pheramones then huh?

I have a question about this.....Why isn't anyone suing over stolen copywrited photos? Is it to hard to find a lawyer for something like this?

-Charlie

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
HEY! I'm almost positive that's my boy's ex girl!! she lives in canada right? my boys ex girlys name is helen and i saw a pic of her and she looked just like that, i even said what up over the phone a couple times!! i never met her in person but my boy grew up with her in some small town near toronto (if it is her).. i'll call my boy tomorrow and ask him to call her and see if it's her.. i might be wrong but we'll see....

if you get the chance diane.. message her asking if she's in canada?

Last edited:

burnpile

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Re: Really?

Originally posted by Charlie

I have a question about this.....Why isn't anyone suing over stolen copywrited photos? Is it to hard to find a lawyer for something like this?

-Charlie
Copyright law is in effect only when a person is gaining something from stealing copyrighted material. This girl dosen't seem to be gaining anything. Someone needs to copy one of her pictures and plaster it all over her message board, after modifications of course.

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This girl looks like shes maybe 13 , I cant see her as any type of threat for copyright violation. Looks like she just made a few web pages of things she likes ... It doesnt say anywhere that they are pictures of her Ts . I say "shes only a kid , let her do her thing ." Its not like shes selling the pictures or using the pictures to advertise Ts she s selling .

Attachments

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
By the way Diane ... how on earth did you ever come across this website ? And what makes it even stranger is that is Da Illests boyfriends ex .