Which arboreal to choose?

bravesvikings20

Arachnosquire
Im having a tough time choosing between these three species. Im trying to focus on just one, so no Im not going to get each ;P

Its between:
A. versicolor
P. regalis
P. irminia

Any suggestions or opinions are appreciated!

Stephen

Amoeba

Arachnolord
Gonna go out on a limb here and say this is going to get moved to Tarantula chat

If I had to choose out of the three I would go with P irminia. Strikingly pretty fast as their orange lightning bolts and they shoot poop.

Is this your first arboreal?

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What experience do you have with Ts? If you are new to Ts, get A. versicolor. If you have experience with Ts---I would go for P. regalis. (P. irminia are more colorful, but I would rather not have poop sprayed on me)

bravesvikings20

Arachnosquire
Gonna go out on a limb here and say this is going to get moved to Tarantula chat

If I had to choose out of the three I would go with P irminia. Strikingly pretty fast as their orange lightning bolts and they shoot poop.

Is this your first arboreal?
Im sorry if it needs to be moved.

Not my first arboreal. I have had plenty of avics before. Right now, Im looking for arboreals that are good for show, but also looking to breed in the future.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i would say go with the regalis....absolutely gorgeous, somewhat fast growers, mine seem to be out and about alot even in the daytime....plus theyre venom is less potent than the irminia....regalis are the best pokies to start with...in my opinion

Amoeba

Arachnolord
;P Just bustin chops. My feelings aren't crushed.

I'd read up a bit on the breeding reports of all three if you're looking to breed.
From what I hear Avic slings are a bit touchy in care so thats something to take into account.

bravesvikings20

Arachnosquire
;P Just bustin chops. My feelings aren't crushed.

I'd read up a bit on the breeding reports of all three if you're looking to breed.
From what I hear Avic slings are a bit touchy in care so thats something to take into account.
Neither are mine :D

Ive already read up on the report time and time again, didnt help lol.
:eek:

Amoeba

Arachnolord
In that case pull up a big high def photo of each for an hour and stare at it until you feel your eyes burning away in the sockets or you make a choice {D
Although a 8 foot tall Wheel of fortune style game of chance seems like a safer method....unless you're a bad carpenter.

Man choosing Ts is tough!!

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you've already kept avics before, I'd say go for the irminia or regalis. IMO, either of those would provide a more "new" experience than another Avic species would.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Im having a tough time choosing between these three species. Im trying to focus on just one, so no Im not going to get each ;P

Its between:
A. versicolor
P. regalis
P. irminia

Any suggestions or opinions are appreciated!

Stephen
I would choose the P. irminia. I think A. versicolor looks like trash and I'm not willing to be accidentally bitten by P. regalis.

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would choose the P. irminia. I think A. versicolor looks like trash and I'm not willing to be accidentally bitten by P. regalis.
From what I know, Psalmopoeus is very similar to Poecilotheria in terms of venom potency and makeup. I knew a guy who got tagged by a reduncus and they weren't having a good time.

I'm not a big fan of arboreals to begin with, but out of those I would go for the P. irminia I think. Or get a Tapi instead :)

cnapple

Arachnoknight
+1 P. irminia Psalmos are the coolest! Plus my irminia is much less skittish and more likely to be out in the open than the Poecs I've had. Plus...:drool:

stewstew8282

Arachnoknight
+1 P. irminia Psalmos are the coolest! Plus my irminia is much less skittish and more likely to be out in the open than the Poecs I've had. Plus...:drool:
idk about the whole open thing lol, my irminia dug a hole in the sub and barricaded itself in since i xfered to a new enclosure last week, lol :confused:

cnapple

Arachnoknight
idk about the whole open thing lol, my irminia dug a hole in the sub and barricaded itself in since i xfered to a new enclosure last week, lol :confused:
Lol, that sounds a lot like my P. reduncus juvi! She makes my irminia look like downright sociable. :p I guess they're all individuals though!