Scolopendra heros heros plings

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I finally got around to separating them, there are 48. I want them to go through one more molt before I get rid of any.

satchellwk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Beautiful pedelings. Those heros are some of the prettiest centipedes out there.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Agreed, satchellwk. Love that solid yellow head. And 48! Hold onto that mama.

coldvaper

Arachnosquire
can you post pics of the parents? just out of curiosity, never get too many centipede photos.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
can you post pics of the parents? just out of curiosity, never get too many centipede photos.
I take requests lol. The parents were captive born, the male died so I was real lucky that she didn't have to mate again, that was cutting it close! I don't think the male died of old age, I think something was wrong with in.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wow, she's awesome. great shot of her.i love with this sp.and other heros the babies look just like the adults.

coldvaper

Arachnosquire
That is awesome, wish you lived closer i would love to pick one up. I just wish it was easier to sex them, since I have been reading a lot that the females tend to hold up better and live longer then males. I don't know how true it is though I don't want to start a rumor.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Keep me in mind for some!
That funky 4" hybrid with mostly heros coloration and the flaccid illness seemed to get better but after maybe eight months it died.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm impressed that you got it to live that long, I could pick that one up and play with it. I had a tarantula that seems to have gone through the same thing, but completely normal acting now. I assumed you tried to sell that pede for $75 recently in an ad but that must have been a diff one if it died(?) I have around 80 plings I'm raising, but one of them is slow acting like the one you had. It lost all of one antenna except for one antennomere , but after 3 molts, the antenna "almost" looks just like the other one, it's a little thicker looking though. Do you have anymore of the banded herosXcastaneiceps?, those are looking really nice over here.