xhexdx's vivarium picture thread

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So instead of creating separate threads for every vivarium, I figured I'd just start this and post pictures here. Enjoy.

Poecilotheria regalis:

I threw in 7 of these guys:

The new inhabitants:

Poecilotheria rufilata:

Added 5 of these guys:

Centruroides gracilis:

Isopod breeder vivarium:

Everything I've built so far:

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I really like that,Joe. Be sure to post pics of the rufilata project when you finish it.Your communal setups have really piqued my interest.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Nice job Joe. That looks very pretty. Now show us what it looks like in 5 months.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thoughts...Yea,it looks to good to be breeding isopods in..............

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Gravel at the very bottom, then a layer of fine sand.

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks functional to me, but it's also beautiful. Props to you :)

satchellwk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I like your vivaria, your choices of containers are very attractive and the live plants add a great touch. I've been wondering, though, does the substrate layers have many benefits? It certainly looks nice, but I wasn't sure if it had any significance.

madamoisele

Arachnosquire
Very beautiful. Dare I ask for instructions on what you did, or have you already posted it before?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
those are really good looking....i thought about doing something like that with one of my 12x12x18 exo terras for my D. diadema..

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks everyone for the compliments.

I like your vivaria, your choices of containers are very attractive and the live plants add a great touch. I've been wondering, though, does the substrate layers have many benefits? It certainly looks nice, but I wasn't sure if it had any significance.
They create a natural filtration system for the water so it doesn't get stagnant.

Very beautiful. Dare I ask for instructions on what you did, or have you already posted it before?
I haven't posted instructions yet. I was inspired by AbraxasComplex's vivaria - I'll see if I can find the link to a presentation he put together about them.

synyster

Arachnobaron
Amazing! Now I'm jealous.

I saw that presentation that AbraxasComplex made. That would be great if you found the link because I can't remember where I saw it from. But nice work, thumbs up ;)

Wolfywolf7

Arachnopeon
I know that in order to make this work it has to have low ventilation. How is yours ventilated? Did you drill small holes?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Joe...is there a certain place where you find most of your containers?
I got one at Ross, one at Michael's, and three from T.J. Maxx. The third one is still empty - going to put a centipede in there once I find one.