did some pairing last night

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well last night i decided to get in some first time pairing, and get a jump start on them...

P. formosa
..the male walked around the females enclosure for about an hour drumming, the female was completely unresponsive..finally when he found her he backed off and continued drumming...she ended up rushing him...then a little bit later rushed him again...i had to take him out..she wasnt interested at all...really sucks too, i was planning on keeping them together overnight..dont know if i will reintroduce him or just give up..there were no pairings at all...
P. metallica
..the male was sitting on oppsoite ends of her enclosure, then he walked straight to her and fealt her all over with his first set of legs, and she never even moved...so i figured good she wasnt going to harm him, and i could keep them in together overnight, well he started drumming and wandering around, until he got closer to her, and then she rushed him twice...i ended up leaving them in together overnight, and found them on opposite sides this morning...then i took out the male..might give her another male dubia tonight, and toss the male back in tomorrow evening...i dont know if there were any pairings during the night..
P. regalis
...the male was introduced to the first of three females, and neither one of them did any movement at all, so i left the male in with her overnight, and this morning i found them on opposite sides of the tank...i removed him...i will try him with the next girl, then move on..i dont know if there was any pairing during the night..
S. calceatum
..this was the best out of all...really enjoyed this one..the male was introduced, and maybe 5 minutes went by, and he ventured behind some cork bark where she has here tube webbing...i immediately heard pairing, but could not see any insertions, then there was some chasing and the male started drumming...she rushed him a couple times, but wasnt really vicous towards him..he contiued to go right back into her tube multiple times after slowly being chased out...constantly drumming..then he backed slowly out of her tube, and stopped and kept drumming...then she slowly came out to him...he pushed her front legs up and as he held them, he drummed like crazy, very fast....then he got in a couple good insertions as she was pushing her abdomen towards him...then they slowly let go, and he backed off, and she slowly went into her tube...then he followed her, and they stayed in there together for about an hour...then i heard the male drumming again..i left him in with her overnight...and this morning i found him inside of his makeshift safehide..a small deli cup i put in for retreat...he had built another sperm web and was just laying there...was very easy to get him out, just put the lid on and pull out...the female was walking to the entrance of her tube and sticking her front toes out, and then would slowly return deeper in her tube..i will probably wait and see what the female does to see if i need to reintroduce him...i have a smaller female her last molt measured 3 1/4", so she might be close to 4", not sure if she is quite big enough or not...but i am getting another adult female soon, so i will breed him with her once she gets settled in, and maybe i can get my smaller female to molt another time by the time i have the other two females finished...

soo. hopefully atleast 1 girl is gravid...will post more info when it comes...

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
fed the female P. formosa a adult male dubia tonight, gonna try the pairing again tomorrow night..tossed the MM P. regalis in with the 2nd female, will check on them tomorrow evening.

VickyChaiTea

Arachnosquire
Good luck with the other females! I've seen T's breed before... very interesting stuff!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
thanks..im hoping for the best of course, hoping that all the males make it out ok..relly hoping that my B. vagans takes it easy on the male..

Good luck with the other females! I've seen T's breed before... very interesting stuff!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well last night i put the formosa in with the female, the metallica in with the female, and the regalis in with the 3rd and final female..this evening when i got home from work, i took out the metallica, regalis, and couldnt find the formosa anywhere, upon getting a flashlight and looking closer, he was a wad of bolus in the females fangs...really sucks..i thought that she ate good enough the night before for him to be ok...guess not..most likely i wont bother trying to breed her again..just pray that shes gravid..and hopefully the metallica is too...in a couple weeks when im back from vacation, im gonna feed up the girls and throw the metallica in with his girl, and start the regalis in the females cycle...

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
updates

i paired 2 S. calceatum females...the larger one looks like she is going to pop any day now...both her and one of my P. regalis females have been remodeling, and doing some heavy webbing....i also recently paired B. vagans, L. difficilis, and G. pulchripes...i didnt get pictures of the S. calceatum, formosa, regalis or metallica....so far gravid i have 2 S. calceatum, 1 B. vagans, and 2 P. regalis....i will pairing my G. pulchripes, and L. difficilis some more soon...i will also soon be pairing E. murinus...here are some rescent pics...
Brachypelma vagans DSCF3245.JPG
Grammostola pulchripes DSCF3343.JPG
Grammostola pulchripes DSCF3344.JPG
Lasiodora difficilis DSCF3349.JPG

Big B

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great thread and nice pictures!
I have yet to get the courage (or permission from the wife) to pair any yet, but you sure have.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
thanks very much...the B. vagans are actually hers, although i do everything for them, but she enjoys watching the male bend the female in half.....haha..and im hoping that the S. calceatum lays first...that would be kinda neat for my very first tarantula sac to be from the fastest most venomous species...
Great thread and nice pictures!
I have yet to get the courage (or permission from the wife) to pair any yet, but you sure have.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
also after reading how B. vagans females are aggressive towards males, and sometimes it takes 5 males to get one lucky enough to not get killed, i was afraid for my guy...well my female was super gentle, and so far the easiest of all of them to pair...she did nothing but bend back farther for him...they would stay hooked for 5 minutes straight....paired them 3 times already....my L. difficilis i was afraid would be aggressive towards the male, but she was the one doing all the tapping, and she was very very willing...it makes me happy to know that these girls are easy to pair for future pairings....

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well..I have been keeping a eye on my largest S. calceatum female, and she has herself all webbed shut behind her plants and cork bark...There is a small hole in the webbing that I can see her through, by looking through the side of her tank...Well I thought she was never gonna lay a sac. Everytime I check on her it looks the same behind there. All kinds of webbing, but no sac. Well today I checked on her, and she must have laid a sac and encorperated it in her webbing where I couldnt see it...Because when I looked today, I seen little babies all around her. Totally awesome. This is my first sac, and it is great that it is from my favorite species, and the most venomous, and fastest species. I think I might get her out of there, and stick the babies in an incubator. I can leave them in there, but want to get a count, and want to know when they molt to 2nd instar, before they start eating eachother...Any thoughts?

Hornets inverts

Arachnobaron
Congrats :) great pics. I havent done any pairings in a while but hoping to have Phlogius sp "PQ113", Phlogius crassipes, Selenotholus stirlingi (2forms) and Selenotypus sp2 ready to go this season :)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
thanks...and thats awesome...P. crassipes is on my list to get.
Congrats :) great pics. I havent done any pairings in a while but hoping to have Phlogius sp "PQ113", Phlogius crassipes, Selenotholus stirlingi (2forms) and Selenotypus sp2 ready to go this season :)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ok....just got done with the 3 hour sling transfer to the incubator....total count is 109 2nd instar, 1 1st instar, and 4 that might not make it....holy crap i didnt expect that many.....pics coming soon.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
dang bro.. good job. those slings look awesome/healthy. thats awesome that you didnt even have to pull the sack as well. cant wait to try my hand at breeding my 2 regalis... all these pairing threads goin around lately are crushing my patience. hope the rest of your pairing attempts are equally successful.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
thank you very much man..they are really cool. my favorite species...also as fat as she is, i would say she is getting ready to drop another sac. my regalis girl has been all webbed up for a long time now, and i decided to pull open her webbing tonight and look for a sac, and didnt have to, she had a new hole, and i was able to see the sac....soo should be soon on those..getting ready to individually house these calceatum slings right now. also have 7 other gravid girls...hope all the best on your pairing when you get to it too..
dang bro.. good job. those slings look awesome/healthy. thats awesome that you didnt even have to pull the sack as well. cant wait to try my hand at breeding my 2 regalis... all these pairing threads goin around lately are crushing my patience. hope the rest of your pairing attempts are equally successful.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wow man sounds like ya got your hands full. do ya wanna pm me any tips or tricks toward pairing the regalis you encountered? i know weve talked on the subject before , but repetition IS the key to learning...

---------- Post added 01-06-2012 at 04:07 PM ----------

also, if you decide to sell off any of the S. calceatums let me know as well... never had any and they seem interesting (did some research after lookin at your photos)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah i will send you a pm stomorrow...in the middle of setting up vials and rehousing these little guys...yeah i will have some for sale too...they are a awesome species....the MMs are gorgeous too..sucks mine got ate...QUOTE=grayzone;1977316]wow man sounds like ya got your hands full. do ya wanna pm me any tips or tricks toward pairing the regalis you encountered? i know weve talked on the subject before , but repetition IS the key to learning...

---------- Post added 01-06-2012 at 04:07 PM ----------

also, if you decide to sell off any of the S. calceatums let me know as well... never had any and they seem interesting (did some research after lookin at your photos)[/QUOTE]