Another humidity question ^^

Vilurum

Arachnosquire
So yeah so far I have been disregarding humidity % for my A. avic and just wetting it every few days.

But I shall soon have H. lividum and T. blondi and I have read alot particularly the T. blondi need a specific %

I am using moss peat mixed with vermiculite and need to know if wetting it like I have will be enough or if more care is needed.

Also I have read numerous care sheets on T. blondi and alot of them seem to differ vastly on info, is there any one that is like a "staple" care sheet?
Last thing I can't seem to find a caresheet at all for Stasimpous robertsi at all, a link or any info and I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance for the help guys just want to give them the best care I can :)

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
Misting like you're doing should be fine i would think. The sub you're gonna use should be fine also. I'm a lover of the eco earth myself, but i probly need to mix in some vermiculate with it though.

Vilurum

Arachnosquire
Ah ok thanks for the reply, do you know if peat moss supports mold growth?

jhalla16

Arachnosquire
buy a hygrometer and make it look like the # on the caresheet for the T's. and if you have enough ventilation, it won't mold.

synyster

Arachnobaron
Keep Theraphosa sp's. always over 90% humidity. It's the key to success. You shouldn't have any issues with peat but just don't let it dry out as it is really hard to re-hydrate. What I like to do particularily, is to create a 2" layer of argile pebbles on the bottom and add the sub over it. That way you can always have humidity high by filling up the rocks with water ;)

MrJohn

Arachnopeon
The key's to maintaining a great habitat are ventilation, heating and humidity. Finding the right combination usually involves some trial and error.

Vilurum

Arachnosquire
Would Room temp be ok?
I have never used a layer of rock on the bottom for humidity, how tall does the rock layer have to be?