Help !!!

pendlebean

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, was just wondering if i should worry or not but my T (chilean rose) hasent eaten for three weeks now and has jis had a locust walk straight underneath it and then it jus walked away. This is very unusual as my T usually grabs the locusts and has a very decent appetite. It has also done a lot of webbing on the outside of its shelter and has not come out for 4 days now. ANY help would be appriciated. Thanks

cnapple

Arachnoknight
It's probably just going into premolt or on a typical weird rosea fast. Don't worry, she can last much longer than 3 weeks without food. It could take months. Just keep the water dish full and offer food every once in a while, removing it if she doesn't eat.

pendlebean

Arachnopeon
Thanks dude! Didnt realise they could go that long, it was just wierd because every other time she is straight to them lol

Vilurum

Arachnosquire
Sounds like premolt behaviour to me, is nothing to worry about :)

When it does come out all big and shiny make sure to wait a week before giving any food.

Josh Perry

Arachnosquire
At one point my g rosea didn't eat for 6 months and she is fine and I have heard of a g rosea not eating for 31 months and it being nice and healthy. Sometimes g roseas just don't eat for unknown reasons. You should take the food out and drop one in once every 2 weeks until it eats.

cnapple

Arachnoknight
Thanks dude! Didnt realise they could go that long, it was just wierd because every other time she is straight to them lol
No problem. :) But...not a dude. :rolleyes::) Good luck with your rosea. Hopefully it doesn't take a year to molt!

Vilurum

Arachnosquire
Yeah she could be in there for some time, and prehaps raise the humidy a small bit during this time.

pnshmntMMA

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My WC rosea went for about a year and a half with no food, then ate a ton and molted 2 days later. They're just weird. Mine is a good drinker go figure but a rare eater.

MrJohn

Arachnopeon
Had a G.Rosea go 5 months without eating once. She was healthy by appearance, but just wouldn't eat. Plus all the webbing is an obvious sign of an upcoming molt. Make sure to remove any food items and up the humidity for a little bit.

dorvaan

Arachnopeon
My Rosea is currently on 2 months with no eating. I just keep waiting for the day that it hits a roach before I even let it go from the tongs. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

Sweepstakes

Arachnopeon
My rosie finally ate under my care... I think. She killed the cricket, put it down and webbed on it, picked off the legs and ate them, and now she is just "holding" the cricket in her mouth with no working or munching. I guess this is "normal" behavior and she will eventually consume it, but I've only had experience with hearty eaters before. Heck, my L. parahybana fits 4 crickets into his mouth at one time whenever he decides to eat and usually eats them all in about 45 minutes. Rosies are just weird haha