H.lividum colour forms

Sarah Wells

Arachnopeon
I have been informed there are 2 colour forms for H.lividum, any one else heard about this? There is the northern form and southern form. Northern being the form that takes up most of the pet trade and southern being the form thats a bit rarer, I posted a pic of my H.lividum and was told she is southern which I am really happy about :D with this hobby u learn summin new everyday lol XD

Amoeba

Arachnolord
I've heard of the light and dark color form. never looked for pics of the difference. The H. albostriatum also has a light and dark form

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
There are 4 as far as I am concerned, but I have never heard of them being referred to by region. Where did you aquire this information?

As I have seen:

Brown - abdomen and carapace.
Blue - average to dcf.
Black - extreme dcf.
Light - yellowish abdomen.

DCF = Dark Color Form

Sarah Wells

Arachnopeon
I got it from a guy on a another forum, Cant remember exactly what his job is but its all to do with tarantulas and identifiying them and what there scientific names should be. lol

drgonzo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Someone had a purple one here on the boards a while back,don't know what ever came of it though.

ruca49

Arachnopeon
Are we sure that the "purple" one wasn't' just someone playing with the color levels on a photo of a regular one?