My new tattoo design

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry if this isn't exactly the right spot for this, but it's related to the forum I guess, lol. Anyway, I've been planning on a back/shoulder tattoo involving insects/arachnids for the past few years. Well I finally got the outline work started today and will get background and shading work started next week. What do you guys think? Does anyone have any related tattoos to share? I love ink and this is just a permanence of my obsession with the invertebrates of our world.

lunashimmer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very nice. You have a good tat guy (girl?). But...where's the tarantula?!?!?! :tongue:

spydrhunter1

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Nice work...did you do the design yourself? Been thinking of getting a bug tattoo for awhile now.

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha, well believe it or not I don't own any tarantulas. D: It's one of the few critters my wife refuses to allow in the house...I think the wolf spider infestation we deal with each fall kind of ruined spiders for her.

As for the design, I planned it out and my tattoo artist drew it out. I'm an artist and I do work with insects quite often but I left it to him because I love his style of insect paintings he does.

www.blantonamspacher.artworkfolio.com if you want to see my stuff.

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Okay, a bit of an update. In two weeks I will be getting some color done. Yes it's pretty raw looking there but I assure you it's gray ink just like the rest of the outline, lol. :p

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just got more of the shading finished today. I thought we were going to do color but I know nothing of the tattoo process for shading color obviously, lol. I am getting the critters colored in two weeks and the background after that. Woot.

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Nice nice! Love the shadings! I was thinking of getting a pede tattoo down my entire arm or a scorp metasoma down my spine. But i decided not too haha!

pavel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not into tats, myself. However, your tat artist has done an excellant job on the bee and the scorp is looking good as well. :)

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
At first I was not a big fan of your tat, but I am changing my mind now that you have more detail added. It is looking to be a very good tat.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
That's a big piece! I dig your unholy 'triumvirate' of inverts theme. The shadowing looks tight. Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm finishing up a centipede tat this weekend and will update later...

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's a big piece! I dig your unholy 'triumvirate' of inverts theme. The shadowing looks tight. Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm finishing up a centipede tat this weekend and will update later...
Yeah I saw the outline on the other thread, it's killer man.

Gretchen

Arachnopeon
I love watching the transformation! Beautiful tat work. It will be a masterpiece when it is done! :alien:

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Update with the animals colored. I have a few more sittings to go but that is going to wait until after the holidays.

muffy

Arachnopeon
love the shading, like it better in black and gray but thats just my style :) looks great, keep goin!

lizardminion

Arachnolord
I liked them better without the new colors. But that's still pretty badass, and I'm sure my mind will change once I see the finished product.
Damn, the Cockroach design is amazing!

pavel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I like the bee better before the yellow was added. The coloring did add to the roach and scorp, however. Interesting to see how the images changed when the new color(s) was added on (top of?) the the prior coloration.