B. dubia colony.

MrJohn

Arachnopeon
So I finally started a B. dubia colony with a little help from the videos posted at theroachranch.com. I have about 25 small nymphs in the enclosure now and I have been feeding them a combination of different fruits and veggies. The temp is a constant 85 degrees, and the humidity is around 75%-80%. I used deep cup egg crates as a space filler for them to inhabit and have been keeping them out of the light. I have searched and read tons of posts and I'm not really looking for tips or advice, I just wanted to talk about my project without having to look at my wife make the eww face.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well your off to a good start..with my colony i just let them get the 80 degrees that i keep the room at, feed em dog food and goldfish flakes once in a while, and give them some water gel...i only use the adult males right now, so i dont pay much attention to them...what are you using them to feed?

MrJohn

Arachnopeon
We got some Ts. Wife makes the eww face when I talk about Scorps.

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Starting a colony with 25 small nymphs is going to take a while! If you are doing it for fun, great. If you are looking to feed them I would look at getting a bunch more, including adults.
Humidity seems high to me. Watch for mites. Other than that it looks fine. Good luck!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah your colony is gonna take a while...you might wanna buy some adults to spice it up....

Last edited:

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I agree, you should get some adults if you want it to get a jump-start.

angrychair

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
don't go overboard like I did and start off with 1000 mixed, with over 100 adult females. I have more than I know what to do with, but that is not necessarily a bad thing!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
you could use your extra for dubiakabobs
don't go overboard like I did and start off with 1000 mixed, with over 100 adult females. I have more than I know what to do with, but that is not necessarily a bad thing!