A snake capture using simple common sense

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
While camping on the Daly River in Aus, Norther territory, a King Brown decided to visit the local convenience store. Instead of the common homo erectus reaction of kill! maim! hurt a lot!, the owners of the store called in a local reptile expert. The expert in turn looked over the situation. The snake was impressive. From what I saw, around 10 feet long and CHUNKY! It was curled up in some rocks against the wall of the store at a corner that made approaching it difficult and hazardous. I was reasonably certain the expert would just decide to have it killed.

The expert made a call to a friend at the local airport who brought in a quick attack fire truck. Watching these two guys really impressed me. They had obviously discounted the idea of destroying the animal and were going to capture and relocate, period. They attached a hose from a nitrogen gas canister to a 15 foot pole and carefully placed the discharge so the animal wouldn't get a direct blast from the gas then slowly blew the ultra cold into the rock pile. After about a minute and a half the snake expert walked up and dragged the snake out by it's tail. It's objection to the discourtesy was in serious slow motion due to it's body temperature reduced probably to near freezing and he was easily able to slip it into a bag. Way to go, guys!