Marguerite Jane Schultz: 1922 - 2011

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One and All -

It is with great sadness that I must report that my wife, Marguerite Schultz, passed away this morning of pneumonia.

To the world she was known as the "Tarantula Lady," or the "Grande Dame" of tarantulas. She is best known as co-author of The Tarantula Keeper's Guide, and was responsible for personally introducing literally thousands of people to these incredible animals and the tarantula keeping hobby.

She is survived by her husband, Stanley (Stan) Schultz, and a passel of grand children, great-grand children and even a sprinkling of great-great-grand children too large to enumerate here, plus untold numbers of friends around the globe.

Please note that we do not accept E-greeting cards and would prefer receiving simple condolences in these threads instead.

Those wishing to do to so, may make donations to the American Tarantula Society in Marguerite's name instead of sending flowers or greeting cards.

She will be missed by all.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
My condolences to you, your family and friends.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh Stan...

I'm SO sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences to you and your family. You are in my thoughts and my prayers.

--Joe

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My condolences to you and your family. You have both done much for our hobby, and been an inspiration to me.

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You have my deepest sympathies. My thoughts are with you and y'alls wonderful family. The hobby she loved so much will forever remember her.

Sky Stevens

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Stan, I am so very sorry for your loss.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Truly truly a shame, I'm so sorry for your loss. It is our loss as well

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Stan, my heartfelt sympathy goes out to yourself and the whole Schultz family. The hobby has lost one of it's legends.

jim777

Arachnosquire
So sorry to hear! She we will be kept in our hearts and thoughts, as will you Stan. You've given us all so much, and it is and always has been greatly appreciated.

May she rest in peace.

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Stan,

I'm very sorry for your loss. Thanks to both of you sharing your knowledge and inspiring so many. You and your family are in my thoughts.

cnapple

Arachnoknight
I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a visionary and an inspiration to all of us who love these misunderstood animals. I'll keep you and yours in my thoughts.

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
I'm so sorry for your loss, and deeply grateful for what your wife and you have done for tarantula keepers.

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very sorry for your loss Stan.
Marguerites love and knowledge of tarantulas is a great gift to all who love 8 legged critters.

Last edited: