Grammostola pulchripes colour forms

Gel

Arachnoknight
Does anyone have definitive descriptions or pictures of the Argentine colour form vs. the Paraguayan colour form of Grammostola pulchripes?

Thank you for your help.

Gel

Arachnoknight
Thank you Pato,

Interesting discussion.

I was under the impression that one form was uniquely from Argentina and the other from Paraguay. As mentioned in the link you provided, both forms can be found in the Chaco province of Argentina.

I gather that there is still little information available about these two forms.

Good luck on your work with this amazing species.

I, and I'm sure many other Chaco Golden Knee enthusiasts on this board, would love to learn about any new discoveries that you make.

If you have any other informational resources about this species that you would like to share, it would be greatly appreciated.

Please keep us posted.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No problem. I've also shared pics of both forms, but can't remember where was that. I will dig out what I can.

Cheers,
Pato

D3N2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No problem. I've also shared pics of both forms, but can't remember where was that. I will dig out what I can.

Cheers,
Pato
I've become quite interested in this topic and I decided to do some research. I believe this is the thread you are talking about: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?150069-Grammostola-aureostriata-G.-pulchripes. You have posted the pictures of the two forms towards the end of the thread. I also read the linked thread on the BTS forum, though the pictures are all 'deleted', it has some very interesting information. How has your spiderlings fared? Were you able to breed the bigger form?

Last edited:

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've recently acquired a tarantula matching this. It matches every pulchrips description, but has a "red tint" to its hair. I thought it was some PZB when purchased, but we came to the conclusion it was prob 60% a pulchrips. Now I may be more sure, and will pair her with my MM.

Gel

Arachnoknight
Hi, this thread might be of interest to you. I've discussed this before;

http://www.the-t-store.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14410&hl=

Also check out the Grammostola picture thread, might find some info there too.

Cheers
Pato
I have some questions, pato.

My understanding is that there are two forms, the Argentine form with the single knee stripe, and the Paraguayan form with the double knee stripe although you mentioned both forms can be found in Argentina.

There is also mention of a bigger or larger form. Is this a third form? Or is one of two forms mentioned above the larger form?

You also mention in another thread "the spider that in the USA and Europe was being called G. aureostriata all these years is quite different than the one sent in the first place for the G. aureostriata description....."

I may be misunderstanding this, but is it possible that the G. Pulchripes that I have is quite different than than a wild G. Pulchripes from the Chaco province?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Wow. It's amazing how much I didn't know about my favorite species. Thanks for the links, everyone!

Gel

Arachnoknight
I have another question for you, pato.

Under what conditions in the Chaco province have you encountered Grammostola pulchripes? Were they found in a dry, desert like area or grasslands, etc?

Thanks again.