C. Gracilis Popped/Popping!!!

R.W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I get up this morning and walk into my invert room to find one of my C. gracilis females with about 5 or 6 dood looking little babies on her back! I am so excited I could explode. This is my first go around breeding scorpions and raising babies! hahaha I forget exactly how many babies to be expecting,though it seemed like 5 or 6 is a low number, so could there be more? Or might it just be a small brood? Either way, I'm super excited to finally get to experience this firsthand! It's a great feeling.

One more question: Obviously I'm waiting till they're coming off her back before separating them to their own little deli-cups, but should I offer her food while they're still on her back?

I will try to post pics as soon as I can! Stay tuned! :biggrin:

Ludedor24

FangzTv
Old Timer
Should have 20 or so but each case is not the same. I've heard reports of only 8... It would never hurt to put a prekilled prey because they pose no threat but I guess it would depend on the last time she ate... and if she is stressed or not . Congrats by the way!

ps: Do you have any pics pre-pop?? I have a c grac. that keeps getting bigger not sure if she is pregnant or just getting fat haha

R.W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks! I may try the pre-killed idea. She refused food for a couple weeks prior to giving birth. haha Unfortunately, I don't actually have any pre-pop pics. There was nothing really about her size that screamed "Hey! I'm pregnant!", she was JUST big enough to make me think "Hmmm...maybe" So I kept an I on her. Her small pre-pop size is one reason I think this might just be a small litter. And I have another female that is about the same size as this one was before popping, so i'll be watching her as well haha

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congratulations!Your first brood is VERY exciting!And I love your signature.......if only the entire USA saw that firey subject like that!

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've never have had to give prekilled food. I(youcan)even take babies off as early as when they first hit 2i, although i usually wait for them to harden up. Never had any problems. Just dont separate before then!

Last edited:

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Grom has it right. Congrats! Do you have length mesurement yet for mom and dad? If no, get them a week or two after seperation. ;)

brotony101

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congratulations!!! As fast as my babies are growing up, I'll have them before I know what's happening or who the boyfriend was. ;) Keep us updated!

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Should have 20 or so but each case is not the same.

I wish mine only had 20 when she popped. I must have given away and sold close to 30 2i slings and am still looking at 30 plus...