Scorpions is stretched ears lobes ;Plugs.

Justblayzee

Arachnosquire
So lately I've been seeing a fair few pairs of acrylic plugs with scorpions in them. I was just wondering if anyone would know if they would have died first or if they're actually caught killed & moulded? I'm considering buying some if they've died from natural causes as I think it's wrong to die for jewelry if anyone has any idea I'd love to hear. I'm attaching a photo of some as well, for those that don't know they do go in your ears providing they've been stretchered.
Thanks.

Attachments

Justblayzee

Arachnosquire
I like your style! I would love cool pairs but my ears are 1 1/4 & getting bigger so I can never find any apart from custom made ones which take up to 2 months.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm going to guess that the species being used is M.martensii. If that's the case the plug was more than likely made in China. That scorpion is used for food and medicine in China and I think I saw some where that they are "farmed" along with some species of centipedes.

callum b

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My GF bought her brother some vodka with a scorpion in it for crimbo. It was labelled as a Buthus martensii which I assume is actually Mesobuthus martensii. On the bottle it says the scorpions are farmed and dispatched humanely in China. I've never heard of scorpions being farmed before but after a magazine over here offered this species in an acrylic block and seeing that there are so many scorpion 'products' available that look like they contain this species there must be some kind of en masse 'farming' to meet demand.

theguns19726

Arachnosquire
At the pet store I shop at, they have scorps in suckers, toasted crickets and worms of all tastes, ranch, cinnamon, salted. Chocolate covered ants and bees.....

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
At the pet store I shop at, they have scorps in suckers, toasted crickets and worms of all tastes, ranch, cinnamon, salted. Chocolate covered ants and bees.....
People do weird things, especially to make money.;)

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
I'm going to guess that the species being used is M.martensii. If that's the case the plug was more than likely made in China. That scorpion is used for food and medicine in China and I think I saw some where that they are "farmed" along with some species of centipedes.
Yes! They do eat these in china. Which reminds me of a little story, my friend went to china and ate the M martensii but he passed on the pedes (S Subspinnipes mutilans i believe). He took a photo of a black scorp, probably a het and i asked him if he ate it, he replied, no its the most poisonous scorpion in the world!, I almost cried that day.

On topic, i think its pretty obvious that they do not wait till the scorpion dies of a natural death, humans can be cruel when it comes to money. But at least its farmed and not picked off from the wild or anything.

theguns19726

Arachnosquire
Its crazy because they really have no need to make the extra 2 dollars, this store has everything, its more like they did it as novelty stuff and it caught on or something.

Justblayzee

Arachnosquire
It's basically like eating a dog, if everyone had one they'd choose it over a bird & such! The whole range need such little care & don't particularly care wether they get love or not.

llamastick

Arachnoknight
Thanks for giving me ideas next time I have a random sling death! Didn't realize there was such a market for 'em.

Justblayzee

Arachnosquire
If anyone decides to sell them in larger sizes I'd be so happy, it's pretty simple & you can sell them for $99 sometimes, just need steel plugs, resin & a insect.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Those look like resin, not acrylic to me, and resin isn't a safe jewelry material unless it is encased in metal or something..

theguns19726

Arachnosquire
candy1.jpg
candy2.jpg

4$ dollars a piece, sucker had about a 2cm scorp and the candy chunk had at least 5cm scorp.
They had crickets and mealworms coated in cinnamon and sugar lol.