Any help would be great!!!

Crazydaisy

Arachnopeon
Can anyone please help me out. I somehow have come to adopt this lovely T. I have never in my life owned one before but after a mutual friend was evicted and never heard from again I refure to let her suffer. I was told this is a girl. Her name is Nancy. I believe from everything I have read even her home was not ideal. I would like to offer her the best I can. Knowing a little more about her would be great. I have read up and have already changed her home. The one she was in was more for cool show and not ideal in any way. She was left with 30 or more crickets in her 10 gallon and i felt horrible for her. She is all cleaned out now. In a new home that I hope is more ideal. I will add pictures if anyone can offer suggestions. I have posted her picture for help in identification. I am willing to learn...suggestions? photo.jpg
Thanks,
Suzanne

Cheza

Arachnopeon
Here's some easy info for her. Substrate try eco-earth its easy to find ,most pet stores carry it. Ok put 2-4 inches substrate make it a bit moist but not damp, squeeze it in your hand if it sticks together a bit and falls apart you should be good. Add a hiding place, nothing too heavy in case she digs. Make sure the hiding place rests on the bottom not just on the substrate. Give her a shallow water dish with some small rocks in it so she can't drown. Temp 75-80f do not use a heat lamp, keep her in a warmer part of the home. As far as identification there are several species that look like her. there are people on this site that are far better then I, at identification they will help you soon I'm sure. Good luck !

Earth Tiger

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thrixopelma pruriens or Grammostola pulchripes. How large is she and is it docile and calm?

Crazydaisy

Arachnopeon
She is very docile and calm. She rarely moves. At night she likes to climb. I have gven her a new home and lowered all her climbing toys. I use to find her scaling the edges of her home scaring me that she was going to fall. Why do I see some Ts climbing the glass? Nancy can not stick to it. (like i said i am very new to this but would love to learn). I would say she is on the large side for a T. Longest legs are almost 4 inches long. When I gave her her new home I was able to get her to walk onto my hand and then back down into the new home. She didnt dart, and ive never seen any agression. In fact i'm concerned how to get her to eat.
Thanks again.

kanito107

Arachnosquire
Well first you could I crease the substrate that way you won't be concerned of her falling. I would say more than half way with substrate. As for her climbing it might just be that she is still getting used to the new house.
You will want to wait about a week before attempting to feed her.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Her ceiling height should be no more than about time and one half of her legspan. What color are her spinnerettes?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
this looks just like the one i seen in a thread a while back, where the guy had it years ago, and was curious what the heck it was. not sure here, definitely not G. pulchripes.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hey Crazydaisy/ Suzanne can you take a few more pics of the t, maybe from diff angles or with better lighting? maybe when its later at night or when its quiet because that t looks stressed too... id like to help find out what it is or to at least KNOW... its a good lookin t

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If not A. seemanni then my guess would be an Acanthoscurria sp., a rear or ventral shot would certainly help narrow down the possibilities. And could you tell us what are the dimensions of that piece of cardboard she's sitting on?

Bill

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
Some resemblance to Lasiorides striatus. More pictures please.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I know there is a old thread on here somewhere about the exact tarantula. It finally got Id. I just plowed through all 28 pages of my subscriptions and couldnt find it. sorry. maybe the person who had the other thread will see this.

Jared781

Arachnobaron
Can anyone please help me out. I somehow have come to adopt this lovely T. I have never in my life owned one before but after a mutual friend was evicted and never heard from again I refure to let her suffer. I was told this is a girl. Her name is Nancy. I believe from everything I have read even her home was not ideal. I would like to offer her the best I can. Knowing a little more about her would be great. I have read up and have already changed her home. The one she was in was more for cool show and not ideal in any way. She was left with 30 or more crickets in her 10 gallon and i felt horrible for her. She is all cleaned out now. In a new home that I hope is more ideal. I will add pictures if anyone can offer suggestions. I have posted her picture for help in identification. I am willing to learn...suggestions? View attachment 97322
Thanks,
Suzanne
i am almost certain she's a Pink Zebra Beauty (Eupalaestrus campestratus)
HERES two different Care Sheets!

http://www.petbugs.com/caresheets/E-campestratus.html
http://www.arachnofreaks.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=274

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
DOES look like it could be a E. pulcherrimaklaasi catfish...

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well that thread i linked isnt the one i was talking about earlier. but i happened to notice it, and linked it anyways...really ticks me i cant find that thread though...it was pretty detailed, and came from a member that has been around forever....but yeah certainly looks like it.
DOES look like it could be a E. pulcherrimaklaasi catfish...

Perocore

Arachnoknight
Never seen a T quite like that before, but she's an awfully pretty little thing. As for feeding, don't worry too much if she doesn't eat for a little bit, T's have quite unusual feeding patterns.