Hooray for molting!

Silverrose

Arachnopeon
My OBT is molting right now! I can barely see it through all the webbing, but it is definitely on its back, legs up in the air. I still haven't been able to watch any of my tarantulas molt. And I still won't, cuz I have to leave for work in an hour grrr... Unless she gets done in the next hour, but I doubt it lol. But here's to hoping I find a large and fresh beauty when I get back home! :biggrin:

Sage

Arachnopeon
I agree! You should be able to pull it off with proper lighting and a webcam.

Silverrose

Arachnopeon
I would but... it's an OBT, so there is a ridiculous amount of webbing in there. I can barely see it myself through all of it. The video would just be a shot of white nothingness... And still no progress. Still on her back, hasn't moved. Sigh, and off to work I go.

Silverrose

Arachnopeon
Looks like everything turned out well. It's still hard to see "her," as she is still buried deep in her web cave. But from what I can tell, she's gotten a nice dark orange color, and I estimate over 3" now. Hopefully she will fully come out so I can get a good look at her, and take out her molt so I can sex her properly. I can easily get to it, she is just guarding the entrance, and I don't wanna disturb and stress her out. Sorry for the blurry pic, it was all I could manage before she started to begin attacking, but you can sorta make out her fangs that are still not hardened yet.

IMG_0909.jpg

Silverrose

Arachnopeon
Well look who finally decided to come out of the webcave...
"She" is so huge now! Definitely a lil over 3". Looks a little snug now in her enclosure now. Guess its time for a rehouse soon! :biggrin: I can just remove her molt then and sex it. I also love the color of the backs of her toes, its like an iridescent blue! The camera just doesn't do her justice :love:

IMG_0914.jpg
IMG_0916resize.jpg
IMG_0923.jpg

mmfh

Arachnobaron
Lol they are beautiful. Thanks for the picture, reminds me of what mine must look like!

stewstew8282

Arachnoknight
All ts seem to get that irridescence on the "bottom" ok their legs. It is very pretty though. U did a wonderful job catching the light and making them " pop"

Its420Somewhere

Arachnopeon
very nice! I also love that blue coloring on the bottom of there "feet" Ive noticed most, if not all of my T's have it, but my O.B.T.'s seem to have to more pronounced colors.

2011-11-26_12-20-12_432.jpg 2011-09-10_10-25-12_906-1.jpg

Silverrose

Arachnopeon
Warning: Pic Heavy!

Must be something in the water lately... My GBB also molted yesterday. And I was finally able to watch and get some pics! Now let's hope my Grammostola spideys decide to molt soon too.. hah.

IMG_0929.jpg
IMG_0930.jpg
IMG_0935.jpg
IMG_0942.jpg
IMG_0961.jpg