My G. Rosea just keeps getting weirder

2fargon

Arachnopeon
I've posted some questions regarding my G. Rosea's fat appearance and odd behavior. I'm so baffled that I don't really have any questions at this point, just thought I'd share a couple photos. I can't get a good photo for the life of me but here's what I got. He/she first covered the door of the "hide" I created for him and made his own entrance (not sure why). He then covered the entire enclosure in web (probably just didn't like the feel of the peat moss?) He is now is the back corner of the cage where he has pulled the fake plant down and used it as a roof for his current project. He then packed substrate onto the walls and webbed all around it and is currently digging a burrow towards the bottom of the cage. Who knows?! I haven't seen anything about them packing substrate onto walls like this. I'm sure I'm forgetting some of the odd things he's done. Anyway, just wanted to share as I'm always hearing about how boring G. Rosea's can be.

gus5.jpg gus6.jpg gus7.jpg

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
Yup, that's weird, I but wouldn't question it. Be glad that your rosea is actually DOING something. My rosie has been sitting on her rock for the past 2 months with hardly any movement.

nikki9093

Arachnosquire
aww...thats cool...hes got herself all made at home. lol. i wouldnt worry too much either. my LP usesits hide, but has actually started digging it out ..swooshing the sub-strait up and out. guess it wasnt deep enough. lol. i think Ts do their own thing, and for what eve reason they got. lol

2fargon

Arachnopeon
It's so much fun to watch. Every morning I look forward to seeing what he/she did overnight! Heck, today he's not even waiting until night. He's back there constructing as I speak! A big part of me expects to find an egg sac one day but I'm going to enjoy watching in the mean time!

nikki9093

Arachnosquire
that wold be so cool if it came to you gravid all ready...wow...everyone loves babies! lmao.

mmfh

Arachnobaron
Enjoy your weird T.! It must feel really at home if it is doing so much. I'm lucky if mine turns around once a day.

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
G. rosea isnt acting weird, its doing whatever it is that it wants to do... I do find it fascinating how intelligent some T's are. Just how you said it started manipulating the plant for a roof.

I cant wait to get my slings!!! 6 more days.

nikki9093

Arachnosquire
hahaha...seems that very few friends i know are impressed by my like of Ts...lol...oh well. lmao...

nikki9093

Arachnosquire
i was reading this article i found out of australia. and it actually had some good info, stuff we read here and some kind of funny things too. the people who have added "stuff" to their set up ie : fake or silk plants, sometimes those "stuff" end up part of the Ts own house-making adventures. they dont care about the fakie plants. lol. we put that stuff in there to make it look nice. lol. i was like AHHH...good point. lol. it made me think of your rosie. lol. and boy has she gone to town too.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
WTH.... you HAVE TO give me the name of the person who sold you a rosie who actually DOES SOMETHING.... look at all the webbing. My rosie is too lazy to even eat half the time. i have had this rescued rosie since like july and it has moved maybe an inch in any given direction....... could your rosie be a MM by chance, or even Pen-ultimate?

2fargon

Arachnopeon
i was reading this article i found out of australia. and it actually had some good info, stuff we read here and some kind of funny things too. the people who have added "stuff" to their set up ie : fake or silk plants, sometimes those "stuff" end up part of the Ts own house-making adventures. they dont care about the fakie plants. lol. we put that stuff in there to make it look nice. lol. i was like AHHH...good point. lol. it made me think of your rosie. lol. and boy has she gone to town too.
Yea I actually put the fake plants in there to make it look nice and Gus went ahead and used em! lol

---------- Post added 01-07-2012 at 04:47 PM ----------

WTH.... you HAVE TO give me the name of the person who sold you a rosie who actually DOES SOMETHING.... look at all the webbing. My rosie is too lazy to even eat half the time. i have had this rescued rosie since like july and it has moved maybe an inch in any given direction....... could your rosie be a MM by chance, or even Pen-ultimate?
lol I actually got him at a pet store here in town. Not sure if it's a male or female but the general consensus seems to be that it's definitely not a MM. There's is some speculation that he might even be a gravid female! The abdomen is HUGE!

AlexRC

Arachnopeon
I think it's really cool to end up with such a fascinating specimen. My GBB (although they are known to web a lot) actually flipped the hide I made for him and did exactly what your rose did. Made himself a personally custom cave using mass webbing and substrate (eco earth), and a leaf from the fake plant that's in there as a roof. it looks super cool.

tangoblue37

Arachnosquire
the theme tune to 'the great escape' popped into my head when i seen all those pics, lol.

And like a few other folk have said - you are VERY lucky that you got a G rosea that actually does something :)

Jared781

Arachnobaron
to me it seems perfectly normal!! example: you know how when you enter someones house! they will say: "Make yourself at home!"
that to me is basically what hes doin! making it his/hers

---------- Post added 01-07-2012 at 05:52 PM ----------

the theme tune to 'the great escape' popped into my head when i seen all those pics, lol.

And like a few other folk have said - you are VERY lucky that you got a G rosea that actually does something :)
and YAH im with you on that one!!!!
mine is basically a pet rock!!!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
a gravid female MAY BE the case... they DO web alot when they build a burrow to make a sac. Do you have any CLEAR pics of the t?

cmcghee358

Arachnoknight
Color me jealous. My T sits in her log until Saturday feedings. Sometimes I don't feed her until Sunday, just so I can watch her hunt on Saturday and I can appreciate her a bit more.

It is funny how mine is on a distinct feeding schedule though... Looking forward to a molt. Shes getting darker but still eating.

tangoblue37

Arachnosquire
to me it seems perfectly normal!! example: you know how when you enter someones house! they will say: "Make yourself at home!"
that to me is basically what hes doin! making it his/hers

---------- Post added 01-07-2012 at 05:52 PM ----------

and YAH im with you on that one!!!!
mine is basically a pet rock!!!
haha mine too

2fargon

Arachnopeon
Well it was fun to watch but now he's closed himself in so the excitement might be over for a while. We'll see, you never know with this guy lol