Growth Chart/ Growth rates

jhalla16

Arachnosquire
Okay, so I wanted to know if there were any kind of recordings (I suppose you'd call it that) of different species' growth rates that I could be directed to, lol. I guess what I'm looking for is kind of like a collection of record of how often a species of spider grew at and the size of the spider after each molt. I don't really care too much about specifics, such as temperature or humidity, but I guess the gender of the spider would probably be helpful to know. The species I am most interested in are the ones I own, obviously haha. Those would be the B smithi, B vagans, A versicolor, G sp concepcion, G pulchripes, P murinus, and C cyaneopubescens.

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 07:45 PM ----------

I'm kind of doing the same thing on my profile. I keep track of when they molt

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
So many factors go into an individual spiders growth that it would be tough to get into. Obviously P. murinus grows faster than G. pulchripes, but with factors like temp, amount fed, how often fed etc all playing a role, not to mention each spider is different, there isn't really a set growth rate per se.

I've had sac mates on the same feeding schedule, kept at the same temps that grew at different rates.

jhalla16

Arachnosquire
Yeah, I figured there were many things that went into the growth rates of the tarantulas. I was just looking for a basic chart to kind of try and predict when my spiders will molt next. Anxious to see some of them get bigger so I can see their color changes and whatnot, lol. More specifically speaking, the GBB and versicolor slings.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Yeah, I figured there were many things that went into the growth rates of the tarantulas. I was just looking for a basic chart to kind of try and predict when my spiders will molt next. Anxious to see some of them get bigger so I can see their color changes and whatnot, lol. More specifically speaking, the GBB and versicolor slings.
Both GBB and versicolor will grow relatively quickly (as compared to say your smithi and pulchripes.) The more you feed and the warmer you keep them, the faster they'll grow. ;)

jhalla16

Arachnosquire
Both GBB and versicolor will grow relatively quickly (as compared to say your smithi and pulchripes.) The more you feed and the warmer you keep them, the faster they'll grow. ;)
Haha, thanks. I'll keep that in mind :)